mable

Feedback on USAA Roadside Assistance

Hi,

I can't find any old comments so I'll ask: Does anyone have any experience with the roadside assistance provided by USAA?

Thanks.

Bob

Bob

I have them and have used them twice for flat bedding small sports cars. No experience with big rigs. They were OK for the smaller vehicles.

Rick

Been with USAA more than forty years, Great outfit, however since they no longer insure motor homes, I use another company's roadside assistance. Ditto on Bob's comment, they do fine on cars!

The last time I had USAA on an RV was 05' on a Southwind. Then I called in 07' on a 40' DP and they referred me to Progressive! Same with my motor cycle. I still have them on my cars and house.

I currently use Coach Net on my DP, Have had GS before and had no problems with them on gassers! On a DP all they want to do is send a tow truck, no matter the problem.

Carl

Thanks for the replies.I have been with USAA since 1966 and very satisfied. I have a 2002 Pace Arrow with USAA along with 3 vehicles and roadside assistance. Never gave it a second thought until I started readind about all the conflicts that people have with the other co's. I called USAA about roadside assistance and they said not to worry...I won't. Thanks all

USAA partners with Progressive to insure motorhomes and RVs.  You can link directly from the USAA site to get a quote.  Although partnered, Progressive is the company that insures, not USAA.

USAA insures RVs and boats up to a certain value...then they refer you to Progressive.  My last RV to be insured by them was a 5th wheel...my two MHs have not been insured by USAA.  Same with boats, when you stay with smaller boats, they insure them, but not with bigger more expensive boats.

Been with USAA for 30+ they use Foremost, Farmers, Geico & Progressive for other outside policy writing. I will still use them for banking and investment, however they lost me as insured.

Due to Foremost not addressing outstanding questions on my RV policy under my USAA account, I provided feedback to USAA Senior Systems Policy Administrator, he was a pleasant person although I had no choice but to RFP my insurance policies. I was able to save just over $1100 annually transferring to Auto Owners Insurance. (Auto Owners underwrites RV policies, they don't sub them out)

For those who own a house, store your coach on your residential property and tow your car. It becomes very beneficial to have all your policies with one company. If you have an incident file the claim and let the insurance company figure out which division to subjugate the claim under. If you however have several separate companies holding policies, you may spend some time "working thru" which company has responsibility to settle the claim.