Sign in to follow this  
markkathy

Frustrating Front Door

We have a 40 Ft Itasca Horizon Diesel pusher. Llove fresh air, but are frustrated with our front enter door. If there is any breeze the door either wants to slam shut or swing dangerously far open, leading me to believe it will snap the door restraint right off. There simply has got to be someone out there with a useful tool (?) or trick to locking these front entry doors in place? Right now my screen door is completely worthless as I can't use it.

Help!?

Mark, does yours door have hinged arm at the top, that prevents the door from opening too far? If so one piece will have a raised dimple while the other will have a recess for the dimple to pop into to hold the door open. You can bend ever so slightly to make the door hold open.:-).
Give this a try.

Herman

My HR has a upper bracket (hold open) that tends to hold door open well enough. it also limits opening to 90 degrees. But when wind is issue, I have a bungee that I can attach to inner door latch and the outside mirror that works fine. Never had a issue with door opening past the 90 degree for the hold open.

Winnebago uses a manual rod on some of their coaches. I have updated it on my 05 Journey. John Canfield has good writeup on his website, including part numbers of the rod used. There are three different lengths. janeandjohn.org.

Bob

There is nothing on top (Hinged Arm/Bracket). However I suppose I can get a ladder out and take a look and see if there was supposed to be one as I am the second owner......maybe I'm missing something, especially if Winnebago uses a manual rod??

I want to thank wclogger one as solution offered at janeandjohn.org is EXACTLY what I was looking for. Thanks to all!!!