JustCruzzin

Well We Did It

Traded the 2015 Tiffin 32sa V10 for a 04 Country Coach Allure (Newport) 40' and I'm loving it.

Took pictures but unable to download can't find the cable, the pictures below are just like ours

except that grey is not quite so dark on ours.

04 Country Coach Allure (Newport)
Description: This very low mileage Allure features AquaHot, a huge galley, 2-vanities, a big shower with seat,

2 roof A/C’s w/heat pumps, tile entry, combo W/D, beautiful cherrywood cabinetry, a pull-out sofa bed, and

matching ultra leather recliner w/computer desk. This tag axle equipped coach is powered by an 370H.P ISL

Cummins with, 1200lbs torque, and a 2-stage Jake brake, it features an independent front suspension DynaMax

chassis, 8KW Diesel generator, great bay storage, and 8 new Michelin tires!

We traveled to the east coast and back with the Tiffin and found it to be extremely rough ride and wind noise

thru the large grill area was deafening. Radio had to blare and my wife and I had to talk very loudly during out

time on the freeways. This CC is like riding on a cloud and the power and torque from that short drive shaft

opposed to the 4 sectional one in the Tiffin is amazing. We tried in vain to find a CC before our trip east but

nothing fell into our budget then. So my wife fell in love with the Tiffin but I was willing to bend for her to afford

a new motorhome for a long trip but I still yearned for a diesel. But I am a very happy camper now, and my wife

now understand why I wanted a diesel so bad. I love listening to engine run.

post-32416-0-43186200-1440911899_thumb.j

post-32416-0-11706200-1440911900_thumb.j

post-32416-0-57499500-1440911900_thumb.j

Congratulations, beautiful coach.

Herman

Thanks Herman,

We waited a long time for this for the years we searched for the just right one both my wife and I could agree on. It is just amazing the difference in construction between those two different coaches.

My hat is off to Bob Tiffin for him being the person that he is standing behind even consumer errors and I talk from experience. This is just an awesome experience in coaches for having driven semi's hauling heavy equipment up and down the east coast.

I just upgraded from a 2000 Hurricane with the V-10 to a 2003 Fleetwood Expedition 34W with 300 HP Cummins. Low miles also. Be sure if you haven't already, go through the fuel system end to end checking all filters. Cummins installs an inline filter (screen strainer) ahead of the lift pump. Low mile coaches tend to have extra material to plug that small filter.

I just replaced mine and filtered all 90 gallons of the diesel fuel through an external pump and filter. I am heading out on a 1,000 mile trip in a couple weeks and do not want any fuel issues.

I just upgraded from a 2000 Hurricane with the V-10 to a 2003 Fleetwood Expedition 34W with 300 HP Cummins. Low miles also. Be sure if you haven't already, go through the fuel system end to end checking all filters. Cummins installs an inline filter (screen strainer) ahead of the lift pump. Low mile coaches tend to have extra material to plug that small filter.

I just replaced mine and filtered all 90 gallons of the diesel fuel through an external pump and filter. I am heading out on a 1,000 mile trip in a couple weeks and do not want any fuel issues.

Thanks for the heads up. Ours was completly serviced before we signed the bill of sale. Good to see another happy camper, enjoy your trip.

Still undecided at this time but probable some place Northwest.

I know what you mean, but there isn't much dry land west of Seal Beach, CA. What are you using for a toad?

Bill

I know what you mean, but there isn't much dry land west of Seal Beach, CA. What are you using for a toad?

Bill

I don't think I want to try a sail on this ship. I'm still looking around for toad, maybe a VW bug or dune buggy. Had them both

when I was a kid, and I still love'm. How is the weather up there?

Roy. If Bill is home. The weather is very HOT. I'm in Oklahoma City and it's like an oven! If you go North, you will start running into cool/cold weather.

I would go with "Buggy" or Jeep, just depends on what you and your wife like to do!

Carl

Look in the FMCA Towing Guide for ideas on a towed. Towing 4 down is my preferred method.

http://www.fmca.com/motorhome/towing/204-towing-guides-towing-four-wheels-down.html

It was a cool 96 in Fort Worth today.

Bill

Thanks Bill, we been looking around for something my wife would like to drive, she is still not sure which one. I missed out

on e-bay on a sweet deal for a Blue OX setup, have to keep looking.

Roy

Thanks Bill, we been looking around for something my wife would like to drive, she is still not sure which one. I missed out

on e-bay on a sweet deal for a Blue OX setup, have to keep looking.

Roy

That is what I did. I bought a Blue Ox tow bar and a Brake Buddy a year before I had a car to tow 4 down. I would make a list of the Blue ox tow bars and their weight limits. I would get at least a 10,000 pound rated one as you can tow anything that your coach can handle and have a little safety margin.

Did you know you can have Blue Ox service and repair your tow bar at a rally for $30.00.

http://blueox.com/events/

When you find what you are going to tow I would buy a new baseplate. There are so many variables you might get lucky buying a used baseplate but it could be a headache.

Bill

That is what I did. I bought a Blue Ox tow bar and a Brake Buddy a year before I had a car to tow 4 down. I would make a list of the Blue ox tow bars and their weight limits. I would get at least a 10,000 pound rated one as you can tow anything that your coach can handle and have a little safety margin.

Did you know you can have Blue Ox service and repair your tow bar at a rally for $30.00.

http://blueox.com/events/

When you find what you are going to tow I would buy a new baseplate. There are so many variables you might get lucky buying a used baseplate but it could be a headache.

Bill

Thanks for the heads-up Bill.

Still looking for it all and finding items in the many forums. I really like that idea of repairs at a rally, I find that my wife is a great barterer it just comes natural to her.

Hope we can meet up one day. :D

When you do plan on being at a rally go register/sine up with Blue OX the very first thing. They only do so many per rally so you want to get on the list as quick as you can. They came to the coach and picked up the tow bar basically rebuilt it re certified it and brought it back for $30.00. :D

Yes it never hurts to look in the for sale listings. I found mine on Craig's list.

Bill

When you do plan on being at a rally go register/sine up with Blue OX the very first thing. They only do so many per rally so you want to get on the list as quick as you can. They came to the coach and picked up the tow bar basically rebuilt it re certified it and brought it back for $30.00. :D

Yes it never hurts to look in the for sale listings. I found mine on Craig's list.

Bill

Looks like: 10/9/2015 - 10/18/2015 California RV Show Pomona, CA. Hope Kathy does not have anything planned yet. :D