jvmcmillan2003

Motorhome Mice Prevention

Recently relocated from Alaska to California. Our Class A motorhome sits in a storage yard and neighbors who have RVs in the storage yard speak of mice getting in their RV. Is there any powder or compound that you can spread around the exterior (on the ground) that will prevent mice from getting into the RV?

I would suggest you go to a Feed Store, or talk to a Ranch and Farm Agent.

Second thought. Put a cat on a long lead! :rolleyes:

Victor mouse traps and peanut butter using about a dozen of them up inside and down in basement. They can't resist them, but check often because they stink when dead.

This probably won't work for you for outside storage, but I will tell you the story anyway.

My 2005 Alfa is stored in my building, which has a dirt floor. Last year some mice get into the Alfa. I did what Huffypuff suggested and caught several of them, which cured most of my problem.

My grandson made me a trap out of a 5-gallon bucket. A small welding rod is slid through the bucket with 2" pvc with caps, which are also drilled and hot glued. You fill the bucket about 1/3 full of water. Put peanut butter on the pvc, and place a 4' ramp leading up to the bucket. The mice go up the ramp for the peanut butter. The pcv spins and they fall into the water and drown.

I have not had a mouse in the motorhome this year, but I am getting close to 200 that I have caught in the bucket, so that trap is keeping them away from the motorhome. The bucket is about 20 feet away from the motorhome in my building.

Neil Van Dyk
FMCA-F442182

I used the worst dryer sheets and Irish spring soap. I placed the dryers sheets around the coach and cut the soap up and placed them on paper plates. . no mice

I think i found my point of entry, not sure how to get to it to correct. My heater hoses come through a tube that passes through the wall into the fuel tank bay from the rear of the coach to the front, the tube is open around the hoses. So now, do i put steel wool in there around the hoses and spray foam it, or just spray foam it? It's almost center of the coach, trying to gain access will be a real treat. I might have to install a tube on the spray foam can and use a stick to guide it to the hole...not sure what to do, any ideas? I would rater not pull the basement celings down to gain access, but that seems like the best route.

I was also concerned that the steel wool will damage the hoses passing through.