Sign in to follow this  
mccannrandja

FMCA Roadside Assistance - Winch-out Non-service

I have been satisfied with Good Sam's Roadside Assistance since we bought our first motorhome in 2007. We joined FMCA two years ago and my Good Sam program was due to expire the end of this month so I decided to look at the FMCA Roadside Assistance Program. I studied the website and was troubled by a caveat on the winch-out service. The website states the service is provided when taking part in FMCA rallies or events. I couldn't believe my eyes so I called the service and asked them about the caveat. They told me that the winch-out service is only available at FMCA rallies and events.

In the eight years I've used the Good Sam service the only thing I've needed is to be pulled out when stuck while camping. I'm thankful I made the call. I'm renewing my Good Sam Roadside Assistance this afternoon.

One more thing - I was also disappointed that I need to add my wife to the program and I also must register all vehicles (including rentals) before they are covered. Neither is necessary with Good Sam.

Bob McCann

We are LIFE Members with Good Sams for 20 plus years. This year we went on a 5000 mile trip with our family and had 3 issues with my husband's truck transmission. We had to pay extra to have our children and my wife transported. We also have 3 issues with a van that was used to transport our foster children, We were recently notified that our coverage this year will be canceled. We are very disappointed.

We are LIFE Members with Good Sams for 20 plus years. This year we went on a 5000 mile trip with our family and had 3 issues with my husband's truck transmission. We had to pay extra to have our children and my wife transported. We also have 3 issues with a van that was used to transport our foster children, We were recently notified that our coverage this year will be canceled. We are very disappointed.

Six claims in one year. Not surprised that they are cancelling you. You have some real bad luck to have that many incidents in one year. Most any insurance company would not renew someone that has that many claims in a 12 month or less period. Sorry for your luck and hope you have a better new year.

On 9/8/2015 at 0:35 PM, mccannrandja said:

In the eight years I've used the Good Sam service the only thing I've needed is to be pulled out when stuck while camping. I'm thankful I made the call. I'm renewing my Good Sam Roadside Assistance this afternoon.

I have Good Sam and the only use has been to winch me out of my back yard! No questions. Not exactly "back yard" but the 1/2 acre plot behind me.