equag

Good Sam: My Experience

drtramdo,

Your coach being 9 years old, you only have one year left for a service policy. They will not issue a policy for any coach over 10 years old. Save you money. Just think of it this way. You have a refrigerator needing to be replaced. Cost say, $3,000.00 and you have already spent $1,800.00 on insurance plus the deductible. And I will bet that they would balk on that and you would have to pay the $3,000.00 to get your coach and fight them for months or even years to collect your balance.

Your choice money in the bank or pay a company to give you heart break every time you need them.

Sorry,

Herman 

Having problems with them now. Was told turbo and egr valve is bad. GS told shop egr not covered and assessor will come out and determine if turbo is bad. So after giving ok to remove parts I might get stuck footing whole bill.

This really helped,and I’m not going to purchase the good Sam extended warranty.i have the paperwork/ booklet they sent me ,into the shredder it goes. 
thinking about going the putting money aside .. would like to read some reviews on  FMCA program though

8 minutes ago, jpnj2 said:

This really helped,and I’m not going to purchase the good Sam extended warranty.i have the paperwork/ booklet they sent me ,into the shredder it goes. 
thinking about going the putting money aside .. would like to read some reviews on  FMCA program though

Welcome to the forum. If you put your coach in your signature it will help you get better/quicker answers in the future. See my signature to give you an idea of what I mean.:D

Bill 

I got mine in big print after I asked what was covered...cost $11 a month!  You can say no.  But GS or any others, will not cover Motel stay if needed.

On ‎9‎/‎13‎/‎2015 at 9:12 AM, equag said:

I bought a used Pace Arrow Class A at Camping World in Holiday FL in Oct.'13. I bought the best Good Sam 2 year coverage for almost $4000.00. Before we left the lot I told them the Norcold fridge did not seem right. The tech said it just needed to be left on awhile. Well, it did not work and went back. They replaced the board. Warranty covered that, $100.00 deductible. I fought that one and won.

Went home, camping next week, died again. This time the sensor that had already been replaced by warranty. Two weeks later,more problems with it, more fixes, lasted a month this time. Then it worked for one weekend and stopped. Seems now, if the factory kitchen light was on, the fridge would stop if you opened and closed the door. Camping World has the coach a week and did not discover this, I did and took it back again.

Then came time for our big trip to New England. I took the coach in for a good inspection and told them I really needed the fridge to work. Well, we made it from Fl. to Ga. before a Wal Mart run for coolers and ice.

Once at RI, went to a dealer, another $100.00 deductible. Took it back, lasted 1 hour and quit. In speaking with the service manager, he advised that GOOD SAM does not replace anything. All we could do is hit and miss or leave it there for a few days while they tried different things. Well, we were living in it!

So, I dumped it and bought a new coach and salvaged the vacation. I canceled the remainder of the warranty and got back a whopping $75.00 after cancellation fees.

Never again, no Good Sam, no Camping World.....

This supports impressions I've gotten of both -- Camping World through direct experience, walking out of a closing at the Biloxi, MS store when over $3,000 of previously unmentioned fees were disclosed, including an $1800+ "delivery fee" -- "It costs us money to go get it and bring it here to sell."  Good Sam from posts on this forum.  I've been subtly criticized for making a negative post about a vender, but such posts have been as valuable to me as positive recommendations.  Thank you, Equag, and others here. 

I only see one problem with the above 2015 post...we don't know what year the "used Pace Arrow" was.  I suspect the Refrigerator in question was a Norcold 1200..Nothing but trouble!

CW has been a disaster, along with GS, since Marcus Lemonis took over!   Sorry UH, that you too had to pay the price!