Trynforpar

Our 1st Motorhome, 2016 Itasca Meridian 40r

After 35 years of camping in tents, pop-ups, travel trailers and 5th wheels, we finally purchased a 2016 Itasca Meridian 40R for our vacation home on wheels and couldn't be happier. Getting ready to retire and see this beautiful country.

post-47149-0-72411700-1442154295_thumb.j

Trynforpar,

Welcome back and Congratulations on your new wheels!.

Bet your glad that's all over with! Now, does it run? LOL

Carl

What a great looking set-up.

We think our Itasca is great (2005 40kd) but now it is being hauled off to Freightliner, Redding, Ca because when Camping World touched it, things went terribly bad. Today we are having it tested to find out why the trip meter reads 13 million miles and the odometer reads three different mileages. $3055.00 dollars on a/c repairs and it went out on the way home (8 miles). Five other issues and a missed 5 week trip.

David

trynforpar

ultraglide is right! I suggest that you read the post by chp007 under class A motorhomes! After that, if your in doubt, send him a PM.

I will have no dealings with the "Lebanon boy Marcus Lamonis," the owner of CW, now or in the future!

Carl

Hey there Trynforpar, nice looking set up -- we have a Itasca Ellipse 42 QD -- year 2011 -- and love it -- have lived in it the last 4 years down in Fl.

We also tow a Jeep Grand Cherokee. Coach has 26,000 miles on it and everything works except we have had a few problems with the Ideal Rest bed. Think Winnebago could of done better with supplying a -- Sleep Number Bed instead.

On 9/13/2015 at 10:25 AM, Trynforpar said:

After 35 years of camping in tents, pop-ups, travel trailers and 5th wheels, we finally purchased a 2016 Itasca Meridian 40R for our vacation home on wheels and couldn't be happier. Getting ready to retire and see this beautiful country.

image.jpg

Now that you have had your Meridian 40R for almost a year, how is it working out? My wife and I were looking at the Tiffin Phaeton but ran into the Journey 40R at the same dealer.  We love the layout and now looking around the country to find one with the colors we like. (Either Journey or Meridian) Any feedback would be helpful. Thanks