Sign in to follow this  
cadiwa

Goodyear G670 RV Tires

Does anyone have the correct inflation chart for these tires. Goodyear seems to have a discrepancy in the recommended inflation for the G670's. My coach is running 295/80R/22.5 tires with pretty much equal loads of 5250 lbs. per tire. The latest chart I can find says 125 lbs.

Wayne

Wayne,

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier. Had a couple of projects here at home that kept me away from the Internet.

Anyway.

When looking for Load & Inflation tables I would go with the ones found with the tire companie's RV information as for some tires they may have special requirements such as speed limitations and sometimes slightly different loadings.

For Goodyear I go with information and links on THIS web page.

and the download shows for a 295/80R22.5 with 5,250# per tire the Front (single) inflation needs at least 80 psi and the rear (dual) need 90 psi minimum.

Now I suggest you add 10% (10 psi would be easy and acceptable) to these Minimum inflations to allow for day to day Ambient temperature changes that could result in the need for a trip to the Truck inflation station (too much work when on the road). This way you would have plenty of advance notice of the need to add a few psi and still have plenty of margin in your tires.

Now the suggested 125psi you found is considerably different. Where did you get that information? Can you provide a link?

The G670 info is on www.goodyeartires.com you have to scroll all the way down to the G670 inflation table. Thank you for your help.

Wayne

Wayne,

We must be looking at a different Goodyear website. The first link will take you to the Goodyear sites page where you can click on RV TIRES. Then you go to Tire inflation and loading, then download inflation tables. The second link will take you to the inflation tables that Tireman used. You may need to copy and paste the links.

Good luck.

https://www.goodyear.com/en-US/other-goodyear-sites

http://www.goodyearrvtires.com/tire-inflation-loading.aspx

Jim

That is the correct website, just need to click on "RV Tire&Care Guide" on the RH side and scroll down to the G670 table. Sorry for the trouble.

Wayne

Tireman,

What does the chart on page 16 mean? Is that inflation pressure of 125# only if you are carrying the maximum load for the G670 295/80R22.5 ?

Wayne

Tireman,

What does the chart on page 16 mean? Is that inflation pressure of 125# only if you are carrying the maximum load for the G670 295/80R22.5 ?

Wayne

Yes the 125 psi is the inflation needed to carry the maximum load of 7,830# Single or 6,940# Dual.

Load inflation tables provide the Minimum inflation needed to carry loads that are less than the Maximum capability of the tire.

Lets look at the table on pg 11 and at a different size that has more than one Load Range available for size 11R24.5

This table tells us a number of things.

1. No matter how low the load you would never run lower than 80 psi

2. You could have a LR-G or LR-H tire for loads up to 6,610# singlen when 105 would be the minimum inflation needed

3. You must use a LR-H for loads & inflations above 105 or above 6.610#

4. The Maximum load of 7,160# would require 120 psi

Now I also recommend that once people know the Minimum inflation they need to support their measured load that they add 10% to that minimum inflation so they have a margin or cushion so day to day pressure variation sue to temperature changes would not require a trip to a service station.

Here is an example with a different size tire

Suppose you learned that your 11R24.5 tires on your new RV were carrying 6,457# so you check the table and see the minimum inflation needed is 105 psi. If we add 10% to that inflation we are at 115 psi which requires a LR-H construction. Hopefully your RV company didn't build a heavy RV and that extra load is because you have too many bowling balls :blink: in your collection that you carry around in your RV

With luck you can lower your measured load to 5,650 so you would only need 90 psi minimum and our +10% means 100 psi would be a good CIP to run.