matthew6279

Supplemental Braking - What's Best for My Situation?

Carl, are you referring to the system you have with a computer under your drivers seat in the Jeep? If so the M&G system has no computer or electronics, that was my concern in a Jeep. I have had to pull the plugs in the floor a few times, nothing computerized would take to that to kindly. It just has an aluminum air block that mounts between the master cylinder and the power brake booster under the hood, one air line from that to the front bumper of the Jeep. I opted for the emergency breakaway kit which gets a little more involved, but not much (its a law up here). Very simple but genius design.

Just to be clear, I have no cables, computers switches nothing inside the vehicle what so ever.

Herman. Your referring to a snorkel kit and it was designed for a carburetor engine....some kids put them on for show! My computer equipment is under dash, most cars have them under front seat...it gets wet, your out major money and I have no wish to have water to top of engine!

I'm taking Jeep to Jiffy Lube tomorrow for new fluid in both differentials...during the Storm & Flood in Gladewater last week I had water up to floor boards on 3 occasions. Preventive maintenance.

Joe. Yes, break away you got to have !

Carl

Joe, Herman.

Now that the Rally is open, I have made up my mind to replace my invisi brake system with the M&G...hope they can do it here! Now I'm wondering what to do with the current system?

Carl

Carl,

Wait till you get back to Gladewater and go to Athens and let them do it at the plant. Marty and them will have their pit for the under coach hook ups. See you tonight.

Herman

I called and spoke to Athens, he told me to call Monty here. I suggested to have it done next week, but was told there was no problem here!

Carl

Monty of M&G is at my site now and is installing the system including Break Away. I also will have pictures, just don't know yet what to do with them!?

Carl

OK. Everything is done by 10:00am. I know I saved money by having it done here...$640 for new brake system, $195 for breakaway. I'm a very happy camper! :D

Carl

Anyone know where he cheapest place to purchase the M&G system?

Hoping someone has shopped around already.

Thanks

Yes call M&G direct and ask them about the remfg unit it's about half the price of new, the M&G is such a simple design that about the only thing that can give a problem is the O ring on the piston. There is a write up on IRV11 in the toad section with pictures that is a help if you want to do the installation your self, irs a fairly simple installation, one thing I would susgest regardless of who does the installation is to drive the toad a few miles without using the foot brake and check the temp of the rotors ( with a temp gun)to make sure the adjustments are not to tight.

Walt

I should have checked the last page on the job completion before posting.

Since I don't have a temp gun in my repertoire, I'll just have to wing it. Took it to Wall Mart earlier today, it works and I had brakes. Monty installed the air line above my radiator, when he found out that I really do go 4 wheeling! :)

Been around for 73 years, but that don't mean you have to act that.. :P:D

Carl