gitpicker42

AC Switch-a-roo

I have an ongoing issue with Camping World Golden Colorado. Two years ago, the front AC on my 2009 Monaco Diplomat went out. That Camping World, because Carrier no longer makes RV AC's, replaced it with a Coleman. The problem is the Monaco Data Sheet, brochure, and window sticker state that it was equipped with dual 15M BTU Roof Air Conditioners with Ducted Air, Heat Pumps, and Digital Thermostat Controls. The part number shows in Monaco part book the AC is a 15K. Other sites, like RVPartFinder, shows it is a 13.5K.

Camping World installed a 13K AC and has no paperwork showing what they took off. As the owner, it was never mentioned a smaller AC was installed. We provided them all the time they needed, so there was no rush to install whatever they had in stock. They ordered the wrong AC at first, don't know why it was a wrong AC, and we waited patiently for the next. It arrived with the wrong color shroud, which they were told in advance. Finally they drop-shipped it to a Camping World along our route and it was corrected.

Shortly afterwards, that AC broke down. I had it replaced in Albuquerque at Camping World and they replaced it with the same model that Golden CW put on. The following year, we did not use the RV.

This summer we went into California and noticed that the front AC would not keep the front compartment cool (temps in the 90's). We worked our way to Yuma AZ and with the temps in the 110 range the RV was unbearable to stay in. I took the RV to Lazydays of Tucson in August to have the AC looked at. It was there we found that the front AC, installed originally in Golden CO, was a 13.5K. The tech stated that in the high temps, the AC could not keep up. He stated the AC was performing as designed. I have asked for additional information as to was exactly was tested on the AC. I was provided the reading from supply air and outside air. Coleman requires additional info, especially amp draw, to determine if it may be the problem. The rear original AC blows cold air at the same time the front blows warm air. My dilemma is two fold: Monaco states 2 15K AC installed, some manuals state 13.5K. With this being a pre-bankrupt Monaco Coach, who do I turn to? The Camping World in Indiana, where I purchased it, doesn't check each part to see what was installed by the factory. Second, where do I find overwhelming proof to show Camping World that the original AC's were 15K's?

Any and all help would be welcomed. Steve

You may not believe this but Monaco is still in business. They still have the records from before the bankruptcy and they can give you specific information about equipment installed on your coach. Call Customer Service, (877) 466-6226. Have your coach number ready. The coach number is on the vehicle data sheet on the wall behind the drivers seat in most Monaco coaches. The coach number is not the VIN. Look at the Unit Serial Number. The last six digits of the Unit Serial Number are your coach number. Write it down and keep it handy for future use. You can order replacement parts if they are available. Give them the coach number and they have a complete equipment list right down to the switches and light fixtures. They may be able to suggest the best available replacement for your air conditioner since the original is no longer available.

Where are you at now? After you have talked to Monaco, call Marcus Lemonis and tell him verbally or by mail, what happened.

I would not have CW do anything more with AC,,,take it to Monaco in Oregon or a Monaco Dealer or a Cummins Coach Care shop.

There is at least a dozen post on here, in reference to bad service and expensive mistakes being done at CW.

Carl

I doubt CW will stand behind their error, their service history on this forum will bear that out. If direct contact with the CEO does not work, I would sue them in the county court where the unit was installed. In most places you will be able to initiate suit without a attorney, usually amounts under $1500. Most corporations will settle before court because the amount in question is less than they would pay for a attorney to represent them in court.

Good Luck!

You're wasting your time trying to talk to Marcus . I have never heard of him doing anything to try to solve any problems associated with lousy service at C. W. They (CW) doesn't give a flip about any service provided by them to anybody that has problems .

Michael

Rib, has a good point. File in Small Claims Court for all expenses, Court fees and Atty. fee (yes, I would have my atty present and have him send the news to CW)! Most state SC is $5000 or less!

Carl

What length is the Monaco Diplomat? Most that I have seen have had two roof airs on top. if yours does, is the second one original, and if so what size is it.

Most likely they were matched at the factory, just a thought.

According to all 2009 Monaco Diplomat they come with › Dual 15M BTU Roof Air Conditioner with Ducted Air, Heat Pumps and Digital Thermostat Control.