epstep

2014 Southwind Driver Side Slide

I am having some concerns with my driver side slide when retracting. It is a Southwind 34A.

It sometime doesn't do anything for a few seconds (up to about 5) then makes a loud popping noise and the slide comes in.

1- I have tried this with a lot of the weight out of the storage compartments and it doesn't seem to make a difference whether I unload them or not. I try not to load up that side.

2- My bedroom slide works well and I feel that the the slide should work the same.

3- On the floor I see indentations from the rollers where the large side rests on the floor.

What I can mention is that the MH is level, the noise is starting to scare me a bit. What I did notice when I was checking under the slide topper is that the rubber gasket was hanging out and hanging about the top of the slide.

Any help will be appreciated.

It sounds like it is catching as it starts in. I would call the manufacture and see if there is a fix. I remember reading about a fix but don't remember all the details. The problem as I remember is the slide didn't lift fast enough to clear the edge of the floor when it started in.

It could also be out of adjustment. What make slide mechanism do you have?

To get better answers it is recommended to put your coach details in your signature.

Bill

Had a reply on another forum (irv2) and a 2015 Fleetwood Southwind had a similar problem pretty close to what I was saying. They have a dealer appt in Nov I have mine scheduled for Oct 29th.

I checked with Fleetwood no recalls or anything I guess we are the only two who have this issue LOL

My 2006 Southwind 32', had the same issue. CW (pre Lemonis) fixed it, just don't remember how....sorry!

Agree, Bill. Pre bankruptcy and post...still an issue, amazing!

Carl