Sign in to follow this  
gaylemarlowe

Texas This Winter?

Have been going to my brothers place in Saratoga, Florida last couple of years, but being from the mountains in Colorado, it is just too humid and too busy for us. Been thinking of maybe Texas as it is a bunch closer and probably a whole lot drier if we stay west and not near the coast.

Would like to have some hills to see and hopefully a nice clean quiet park for the big rig. Don't need a resort with all the goodies.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Thanks for the recommendation. It looks nice, and also affordable. Haven't seen that part of the country yet, so would be new to both of us.

Are you far from this park? Would like to meet you one of these days and thank you for all the helpful information I have gotten from you. :):rolleyes:

Look at Ladybird Johnson RV Park in Fredericksburg. County Park, no frills but very nice and hard to get a reservation. If you golf there is a dynamite golf course.

Fredericksburg has many attractions, the premier one being the World War II museum.

A stone's throw from Luckenbach. Everyone has to visit Luckenbach :-)

I second Brett's mention of Buckhorn in Kerrville. There is also Alamo Fiesta RV Resort in Boerne, TX, right down the road from Kerrville closer to San Antonio and close to Boerne, a quaint little German town.

Don