rhart

Washer/Dryer in a 40' DP

It is an ALFA SeeYA 40 foot 2007 model year. There is nothing special about the washer and dryer set up and both run off of 120 volts. The grey tank is 65 gallons but I do not run the washer unless the tank is open and connected to a sewer connection.

Washer model # LHW0050PQ dryer LDR3822PQ1 both are by Whirlpool and are a little smaller than a regular or home sized unit and are of good quality. The dryer being a 120 volt does take a little longer to dry but has less wrinkles than I had with the Splendide in my other ALFA. The units are stackable (not combination)with a kit they came with the RV

This is the washer http://www.whirlpool.com/laundry-1/laundry-2/washers-3/-[WFC7500VW]-1001633/WFC7500VW/

JimR 

Forgot to say thank you for welcoming me to the forum but I have been an FMCA member since 2003 and thought I had posted here before but hey there goes the memory.

JimR

Another interesting consideration when talking about washer/dryers is how they drain.  Some drain directly to the main discharge line, not into the gray tank.  So if you are not connected to the sewer line, you are out of luck.  We've had both, the first drained directly into the main line.  When we got the second, I "assumed" (we all know what that means) it was plumbed the same...until I saw gray water floating the cat's litter box we kept in the shower.:D

Looks like a Splendide knock-off to me.  The dimensions are within an inch of a Splendide but you need 2 of them to do the same job the Splendide does all by itself.

YMMV.

Funny I thought the Splendide was the Whirlpool knock off :D And yes you do have to buy two units instead of one but I have had both and the Whirlpool is far superior to the Splendide, IMO, no wrinkles and almost twice as fast being able to dry and wash at the same time.

Have Fun JimR

1 hour ago, FIVE said:

Another interesting consideration when talking about washer/dryers is how they drain.  Some drain directly to the main discharge line, not into the gray tank.  So if you are not connected to the sewer line, you are out of luck.  We've had both, the first drained directly into the main line.  When we got the second, I "assumed" (we all know what that means) it was plumbed the same...until I saw gray water floating the cat's litter box we kept in the shower.:D

Yes as you noted floating the litter box is the definitive grey tank full indicator. :P^_^

Bill

Ok, I admit that I own and manage laundromats for a living.  Maybe I'm biased.  I would far rather have the storage space than a tiny washer dryer.  My wife and I prefer to boondock, so its rare that I have hookups available.  We can easily go three weeks or more without doing laundry.  With the two of us, we can pop into a laundromat with all that laundry and be out in just about 90 minutes, often less.  We have limited inside cabinet clothes/linen storage and would lose a lot of it if we put in a W/D.

Charlie

2005 Coachmen Sportscoach Encore 380DS

We have a Splendide Combo. Wrinkles everything. Takes forever. Only use it once in a while and like Charlie we like to go to a laundromat and get it done all at once.

Used to have a Splendide stackable washer/dryer in the 5'er and we liked it.  A friend converted the dryer to 240v. He said the hardware was there and all that was needed was the wiring. Dried clothes in half the time.

I removed our Splendide combo, ours had a stuck water inlet valve that was discontinued. Plus it heated up the interior and took forever to wash anything. When the valve broke it was replaced with pull out drawers. If I had a stackable I would have probably replaced it with a newer version.

We're on our second generation of Splendide Ariston stackables and they have performed perfect.   They dryer is big enough to accept 2 washer loads, so if the dryer isn't done I just add the next load to it and move on.   Sheets, towels, never had any complaints.  They aren't as big as home units, but we aren't laundering for a family of 5 either. 

We installed a new Splendide combo in our 40 ft Charleston last year as it already had the hookups from the factory . As there are only the two of us it works great, yes they take a long time for the total wash dry process but  the DW does a load when we are just relaxing around the campsite. This way when it is finished we can take the load out with minimal wrinkles , we found if we did a load and went out somewhere and let it sit there were lots of wrinkles . Another big thing is we got a vented unit that drys much faster and does not heat up the inside of the coach. Required putting a big hole through the side of coach ( SCARY ) for outside vent but worked out with no problems as I called Forest River and they told me where to drill the hole. Our coach has room for a stackable  but as it is only the two of us we opted for the combo and keep the extra storage.:ph34r:B)