jday

Latches and Dinette Fixes on 2001 Bounder

:) Greetings to all,

I am very interested in hearing from all folks about the "use" of Motorhome with a family, young kids and pets. Trying to get this working for the family to have/take weekend trips to the beach; use in snow for winter. I am going to use this thing all year around... I bought an older "well used" but still clean motorhome with low miles to try out.

I have a friend who has had both Class A & C. I like the A. So far very happy. There are little things I am learning. The first was the table in the dinette area broke. I purchased a piece of particle wood, but would really like the table back - any ideas? Second the lower outside doors - latching mechanisms broke. Need to replace them... no idea where to start.

I am not cheap, but would like quality when I replace items. Not sure what the value should be on these things... Finally, I am wanting to add cameras - side and rear. again, not sure what works, doesn't and will use internet to research all suggestions.

I can't wait to hear from folks. I have added a stock photo so everyone knows what I am using for my "memory maker."

Cheers

post-45813-0-78091800-1444144992_thumb.j

Welcome to the forum, nice Bounder. Take the latch out of the lower storage door and take it with you to a "Camping World" or some other RV supply store. There are a couple of styles that look similar I think they are listed as Fleetwood design. Once you get a good part number you can order from some other place, maybe save some money.

You might look at some of the RV salvage yards for a dinette.

Bill

jjday,

This is not an ad for, nor an endorsement for the company, but I have had success in getting parts from them:

Bob's Rv's Used Parts & Sales

(386) 454-5733

23486 S US Highway 441
High Springs, FL 32643

They have a pretty good selection, as they are located just off I-75 in Fl., where many motorhomes die. Good luck hunting.

jjday,

I have good luck with www.NWRVSUPPLY.COM. I have had good luck locating odd parts for my coach from them. again, this is not an ad or endorsement.

Nice people always seem to have odd parts and a good selection.

Also try Fleetwood themselves:

http://www.fleetwoodrv.com/partsandservice/

They've been able to get parts for my 1989 southwind, so your 2001 model bounder should be no problem.

You will love having the motor home with your kids. Don't just use it for trips. When my teenaged son wants a sleep over with his friends, we park ours in front of our house and let them sleep in there. On the 4th of July we Take it to the park, and while other people are roasting under the sun and having to use porta-potties, we are comfortable under the awning, and using our own toilet.

Chris G.

Westminster, CO

f-3508s