Phil503

Towing 2015 GMC Acadia

The automatic headlights come on if light level too low. Unable to defeat that function, battery drains even though all fuses listed are pulled. Reinsert the 50 amp fuse and lights go off, pull and they come back on if not in direct sunlight. Even shadow to MH causes them to come on. Forget night tow. Dealer has no solution.

Help

I would suggest finding another dealer.

Do I understand correctly that when you park your vehicle next to the mh and it casts a shadow on the vehicle the lights come on? Do they come on when you drive in the garage and stay on all night? I've never seen automatic lights come on with the ignition in the off position.

On my 2015 Acadia I installed a third remote switch on the high beam fuse in the main fuse box. This was in addition to the 50amp fuse switch in the main fuse box under the hood and the ECM fuse on the battery located in the backseat floor. GMC was of no help in explaining why the high beam comes on when the 50 fuse is pulled.

Hello Phil503, I just purchased a 2015 Acadia and am planning on towing it behind our Beaver. I was wondering what things you have discovered needs to be done to flat tow this car besides the basic pulling of fuses mentioned in the owners manual? Any feedback would be appreciated. Also I am wondering if I really need to install a braking system? I currently have the Air Force One installed in our 2003 Yukon and I have been happy with it. The Acadia is lighter and I am wondering if I really need to have a brake system on that vehicle. Thank you!!

Have a 2014 Buick Enclave and setting it up to tow. I am curious what you found out. I also have a question about the batt fuses needing pulled. I was trying a series of procedures and discovered I could turn key in between functions allowing tranny be put in neutral and was able to turn key off. All power appears off and the wheel is free to turn and not locked. Is this OK or potentially a risk of breaking something? I duplicated it numerous times with my wife observing. Would be easier and cheaper if I didn't have to install and use the fuse bypass switches. I assume by turning all power off fuses it erases radio memory...etc.??

Roadrunner 2, with our 2012 GMC Acadia, the procedure sounds similar.  We follow the manufacturer directions to the letter.  I pull fuses (2) as specified.  We also have a required start and run before driving.  Our ignition key is supposed to be set in accessory position as opposed to the off position.  Yes, we lose the clock on the radio but the preset stations are still there. We've never had  the problem mentioned above regarding lights which just points out the variations that occur between model years.