Sign in to follow this  
pollonbeeche

Directv Upgrade

I am going to update my Directv system in my house with Genie Receivers. What I now have now are the regular HD Receivers and when I take them on the road I have to manually switch them the type of antenna I am using, wish is a TrackVision Dome and they work fine, no HD of course because the antenna dish is not HD. It is just a time consuming to make this changes and sometimes can get frustrating.

My questions is. Can the Genie receivers work with the type of antenna I have on my coach? The salesperson tells me this new updated receivers automatically can adjust themselves to the type of antenna you are using on your coach and he says it will work, of course he wants to make a sale and will say anything I want to hear.

Thank you for your inputs.

We have two receivers on our 2 month trip west to Colorado and New Mexico. The receiver that is easiest to use is an H20/600 and we also use an H22 DVR for the main living area. They both transitioned from a 5 LNB non SWM to a Winegard Traveler SWM automatically. The H20 is very quick to reboot after a new location is found by the Traveler. The DVR is considerably slower, but my main point is they adjusted to the new input automatically. Don't know about the Genie. Been with Direct TV for 20 years and do not feel the need to upgrade to Genie for home use. Old roof top domed dishes are apparently very limited in usefulness