dieseldrinker

Membership Directory - Is It Here On The Website?

Hello from Ralph Baker A001519. I'm informed by the National Office that the annual membership directory was discontinued some five years ago, but a recent look through on-site back issues of the magazine indicate that the directory is indeed on the site and subject to continuous updating quicker than the usual 2-month lag in the printed mailed directory.

If this is true, how do I access it?

Is there a step further than the second login required to open the back issues of FMC? The very last MAILED directory that I have is from 1979 when I was in the FMCA for 8 years 1972 thru 1979. I want to compare the current list with the 1979 directory and see how many of the members I befriended in the Northeast Chapter are no longer in the chapter or FMCA.

I rejoined the FMCA just a month ago after 35 years.

Hello Ralph Baker, Welcome back. You can access the directory from the home page. Click on the membership icon. From there you may access the directory there. There you may also look up a member by name. If you find a person you can contact the FMCA membership person. That person will email the person your information so they can contact you if they wish to.

Herman

Sincere thanks, Mr. Mullins. But I may be missing something in my search; When I click on 'Members' I get well over 2,000 pages of member listings with their apparent mail ID. On the other end of the bar the drop list shows 'Member Directory', but that brings up a page with fill-in boxes. I used it some 30 times to find old friends, found 8 or 9 and had a brief phone chat with Vera Greene L27, but it's not the same as the old paper-printed directory where everyone was listed by 'F' number plus by name plus by location. Am I looking in the wrong place or missing a spot where this icon you speak of is visible? Thanks for guiding me once more. Cheers !!

One further note, Mr. Mullins; when I first joined FMCA the first mailable issue came with a printed directory, and by the listings I found many members living within 10 or 15 miles of my home address. Even before attending a first rally I went out to members' homes and took a minute to introduce myself while noting their converted buses (LOVE those !!) THAT'S what I'm aiming for- real names, real 'F' numbers and real cities & towns by state, all on an equivalent-to-the-old-books website section where one doesn't have to guess or type endlessly. Maybe I'm just too old-fashioned - but if it's possible to create the section, I'd like to help with the effort. Thanks again !!

Ralph, I am sorry but the time are a changing. :( I still have the last magazine with the listing of members by last name and by "F" numbers. When we would be on the road the wife would see a goose egg and look up their name in th magazine. Several years back when FMCA was not doing so well money wise, they had to make some cut backs and the big issue in January went away. You might also note the size of the magazine now compared to old. Again due to the economy more than one of the coach manufacturer are also gone.

But lets look at the bright side, :) FMCA survived and is doing much better now. Membership is climbing and some things are returning, such as FMCAssist (you may remember it as Medex). It also was gone for awhile. One of our current National President's, Charlie Adcock, and National VP Jon Walker's, goals was to reinstate the program. They did so and it is doing well.

So sorry again for not having the big list but hey, WELCOME BACK. :D

Herman Mullins
South Central Area Southern Region VP

YOU'RE sorry, Mr. Mullins? More likely that I'M a lot sorrier for being informed of the big list's discontinuance. If my opinion is worth anything to the membership, I declare that the Directory AS WE KNEW IT should be restored and be all-inclusive. Putting it on the website would be a horrendously long job (and the alternate 'No Longer Active' would be even MORE so!!), but again - I'm willing and able to help with the effort. All 'F' numbers would be listed from the first active year to the last, and the page design would account for the starting year, i.e. '1963 - 2015', '1964 - 2015', etc.. I can only hope that the National Office will have a serious discussion about this matter because there are other newbies (as I was in 1972) who'd have an easier time getting acquainted with local members nearby. The Directory as it was made everything much easier when you consider that the phone company doesn't send out White Pages anymore.

So I'll talk with someone at the National Office early next week. But first I'll design a sample page so I can send it along for consideration. And I hope that other members feel equally as I do. Cheers again !! ;)

If you are a member of FMCA you can see the membership directory by logging into your Member Dashboard at FMCA.com

Once you're logged in over there, select Dashboard from the Membership drop down menu. If you scroll down the page you'll see a red box in the left-hand column where you can click and see the membership directory.

Momcat,

Welcome to the Forum.

It is there just not in printed form. Please reread my responses dieseldrinker dated October 19, 2015 and October 20, 2015. Back almost two decades ago the cost of printing the January edition cost almost as much as all the other eleven months combined. 

Again, Welcome,

Herman

MOMCAT.  Welcome! :)

I also miss it, been a in, out, in, member since 1967 and even as an "A" member for 8 years, I got the magazine and member, stop/stay, help, annual directory!  

As stated by Herman, times change and we need to adjust with it.  IMHO the membership grew to the point of astronomical cost to maintain the Directory and mail out hard copies to all active F members, L members, C members and A members, each year!

Carl C.

Edited by manholt

On 4/2/2021 at 4:11 AM, richard5933 said:

If you are a member of FMCA you can see the membership directory by logging into your Member Dashboard at FMCA.com

Once you're logged in over there, select Dashboard from the Membership drop down menu. If you scroll down the page you'll see a red box in the left-hand column where you can click and see the membership directory.

I am logged in but get this when I do the above?

"You do not have access to view this page within the site."  ??

Looks like the fmcs.com main website is down right now. As in, I can't get in at all. I checked it via an online site checker, and it confirmed that fmca.com is down. This is probably why you can't access the membership directory. Possibly you caught the error message during a time the site was still partially functioning.

Any board members listening who can pass along to the IT people about the site being down?

I was just able to log in. Looks like the site is back up now.

Membership is right where it's supposed to be, at least for me. Left hand column.