Batsome

ABS Light On

I have a 2008 Fleetwood 38 ft Pace Arrow with 8.1 Vortec engine. My ABS light comes on when I start the engine. Sometimes I can delay it coming on by pressing the brake then releasing the parking brake. The warning light always comes on shortly after. Any suggestions?

batsome,

A wheel rotation sender(s) could be the problem.

Rust buildup between the sender and the spindle hub where they mount can slowly increase the distance between the sender and the pulse ring.

This resulted in a weak signal, that causes an issue with the system not knowing the wheels are turning.

You might want a Tech to check things if that type of work is not one of your skill sets. One does not want to get dirt into the bearing while cleaning, repainting and resealing the area.

Rich.

You may need a new ABS sensor. You will need to have the shop put an ABS scan on your system to know the real problem. Clean the sensor at each wheel first and then pull the negative side of the battery for 5min. This will clear the codes and then drive for a few miles. The light will go off, if it comes back on then take it in to get looked at.