2 things: I just got a 2003 Jeep Liberty 4x4 and am trying to find a base plate that not that's inexpensive. Any suggesting?

And, do I have to do any thing to it to be dingy towed? (NEW BEE) :unsure:

Ben,

You may find a number of good preowned tow bars on eBay. When you find a good one then go and purchase a New set of base plate for that make of tow bar. The new plates will be fresh and never stressed. I'm not saying that there are not some good used plates out there but you can have a tow bar reworked at any national rally.

Good luck and Happy Towing.

Herman

What tow bar do you have?

I use a Roadmaster Falcon 2 that has served us well but we went with new base plates. Got the tow bar on Ebay much cheaper than Camping World or other RV suppliers although you might check PPL in Houston, Texas. Our towbar purchase included all the necessary wiring, diodes, safety cables and electrical cable from the motorhome to the Jeep.

Your Jeep owners manual should give details to set up for dingy towing. Mine is

1. Transfer case in neutral.

2. Transmission (automatic) in Park.

3. Key in ignition and on to the first stop (so the steering wheel does not lock).

You will also need an auxiliary braking system for the Jeep when being towed - required in most states. I have the Brake Buddy Vantage but there are many excellent systems out there.

2 things: I just got a 2003 Jeep Liberty 4x4 and am trying to find a base plate that not that's inexpensive. Any suggesting?

And, do I have to do any thing to it to be dingy towed? (NEW BEE) :unsure:

I would not buy a used base plate there is a chance it may have hidden damage. I bought a used tow bar and Brake Buddy off Craig's list. I bought a 10,000 pound rated tow bar that way if I changed toads and the new one was heavier I wouldn't need a heavier rated tow bar. I also like a little extra margin for safety. Always make sure the tow bar and baseplate are compatible.

You will also need a light kit for your Jeep. I like this one as the LED lights won't damage your lenses and are small and easy to find a place to locate them in your lights.

http://www.blueoxtowbars.com/products/Blue_Ox_Tail_Light_Wiring_Kit___Clear_L_E_D_,BX88269

You will also need a coil cord to connect the lights to your RV 7 pin trailer plug. Did I mention safety cables.

Bill