TomO

Safest Route: Carson City, NV to Las Vegas, NV November 2, 2015?

Question

I am planning on leaving from Carson City, NV on November 2, 2015 and traveling to Las Vegas, NV in 37ft class A diesel and would like to know the safest route for RV travel.

I have found plenty of online advice about attractions and scenery but am much more interested in safe driving conditions (narrow roads, bridges, elevations, twists and turns, services etc) and would appreciate any thoughts.

Thank you

3 answers to this question

Not too many ways to get Here from there. Us 95 Through Fallon to Hawthorne To Vegas. Overnight in Hawthorne At Whiskey flats. When going through Fallon, Stick to the truck route To bypass Downtown, if you like. Two lanes all the way But no Real issues, save weather. Scenery Is meh and even Bizarre in some of the small towns Like Goldfield but I have driven this route many times in my car and in my 34 ft Class A twice.

We just traveled it last week. Hwy 95 is a very good road (boring, but...). Traffic on I-15 in Vegas is a zoo. Also stayed overnight at Whiskey Flats in Hawthorne. No issues on the roads from Reno to Vegas.

From Carson City you can get to US95 using US50 to Sliver Springs then US95-Alt through Yerington to US95. It's been a few years since I went that way and as I remember it was a good two lane road all the way.