Sign in to follow this  
RustyHog

Service Contracts

Can anyone let me know about extended service contracts through -- US Warranty -- Insurance co is -- National Evergreen Insurance.

I have a 2011 Itasca Ellipse 42 QD tag coach with 26,000 miles on it-- Thinking of getting a 4 year / 48,000 extended warranty contract.

They quoted the Eagle Plus Plan for $ 4,960.00. I had a Good Sam contract previously and to re-up it for 1 year is

$ 2,700.00, I thought this price was out of sight!!

Have you used your extended warranty? If not you may want to reconsider getting one...

Some folks just feel comfortable with the warranty, but make sure it covers what you want....

I may get one in a few years when things start wearing out but for now....I'll take my chances...

Service warranties are good for major items but almost useless on smaller issues. I had a top line stereo Samsung TV quit working and had to fight to get another Samsung which unfortunately turned out to be one of the bottom class basic units.

My convection portion on the convection/microwave oven quit working. The result was warranty repairing the oven rather than replacing it When I questioned the technician about that he said if it is even $5.00 cheaper to fix rather than replace it will be repaired.

Read the fine print. I had to pay for a replacement of a brake on my electric coach leveler. Warranty refused to pay because there was rust present.

I would put that money in a savings account. Most of the warranty/insurance contracts have so many disclaimers that they can deny nearly all claims. Do a search there are many post hear about being denied and few about getting something fixed. I self insure and so far I have replaced a convection microwave for $430.00 and a slide relay for $110.00 in the last 3 years. If you do your maintenance you shouldn't have any problems.

In your case you have a newer coach and by now should have all the little problems fixed. I would think you should be able to go a long time with no problems.

We hear about the problems people have hear on the forum but never hear about the coaches on the road who never have a problem.

Bottom line you have to do what makes you happy.

Yes you absolutely need Coach Net. Don't leave home with out it.

Bill

I'm glad I purchase an extended service contract. It has paid for itself over the last 5 years on major repairs.

My opinion is that it is an insurance policy and a gamble that you may or may not need to use it. I have peace of mind.