Sign in to follow this  
FREDLAURA

Workhorse Ride Quality

FredLaura,

Welcome to the FMCA Forum.

Please tell us which Workhorse chassis you have.

What coach you have.

How many miles you have on it.

Hi Brett, glad to be a new member. I have a '07 Winnebago Adventurer 35L on a w24 chassis with 37,000mi., GVW fully loaded 22,570lbs. The concrete Interstates out here in the west have me considering buying a new Diesel w/air ride.

Try and get off the interstates to really see the USA - we found the "back roads" a lot more enjoyable at a slower pace - remember, you are riding on springs and shocks but the incremental cost to go to airbags is a huge leap forward in my opinion -- Our Pace Arrow is similar to yours - fully loaded and we do hit a few bumps but that is part of the journey !!

Welcome to the forum.

Before you run out and by a new diesel and find out you still don't have a smooth ride on the rough roads there are a few things that might help your current ride.

I would weigh your coach and set my tier pressure to the tier manufactures weight tables. This may soften the bumps. Check your shocks and upgrade if needed.

Check your bushings on the sway brace.

Bill

I did have the Coach weighed by a professional. Have adjusted the air pressure. I Have original Bilstien shocks with almost 40,000mi. Wondering if it is time to replace them, and with what brand?

I have a 2007, W-22 Workhorse chassis with 25K miles.  I have had jarring of coach at many bridge approaches as well as potholes.  Everything is relative, but I would like to keep the damage minimized from impact.  So far I have: 

1. Installed Sumo Springs

2. Replaced the factory Bilstein shocks with Koni FSD's

3. Had the four corners of the coach weighed and adjusted the tire pressures accordingly.

4. New Michelin 245/70R  19.5 XZE tires

XZE tires are truck tires that were the only tires in stock to fit my coach.  XZE tires have thicker sidewalls than XRV tires.

In the future I may investigate replacing the front tires with the softer XRV tires that do not have as great a load carrying capacity, but may ride softer.

After all of the above work, there has only been very small improvement in the ride.  Maybe this is as good as it going to get.  I do not know what else to do.