gandlRullman

Water Pump Problem

I recently purchased a 2005 Holiday Rambler Admiral. The water pump was working great, then I decided to drain and sanitize the water system. After I filled and flushed the system the pump started to act up. It will cycle on and off rapidly at low flow, seams to be OK at high flow, but when I turn the water off the pump will cycle on and off for a second or two before shutting off completely. I noticed an air pocket in the filter at the pump inlet, could that be the problem? If so how do I purge the air. The pump is a SHURflo #2088-422-144, 2.8GPM with a filter at the inlet side. It appears to be the original pump. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

It is normal for the pump to continue to run or cycle for a few seconds after the water is turned off while it pressurizes the system.

You might want to check the accumulator if you have one, that is the round thing that looks somewhat like a toilet float.

The top of the accumulator should have a air fitting, sometimes they have to be recharged by adding air pressure. 50+-psi

If you haven't done this already try running each of your faucets for a bit to clear downstream lines of trapped air. Include the shower, outside spray nozzle (if you have one). The pump cycling off and on at low flow is a normal condition. We have the sister to your coach ('05 Windsor) and it has done same since new.