huffypuff

Comparing Coach Net, Good Sam & FMCA Roadside Assistance Coverage

I having a hard time deciding between GS, CN or FMCA roadside assistance coverage. The one experience I had with GS is when my coach front jack stuck in down position. Since it was in a campground they wouldn't send anyone so I'm looking for new as it is expiring Dec. 13.

I'm looking for current experiences as FMCA has since stepped into the service.

Ray,

I have nothing good or bad to say about the new FMCA road service. Just have been with Coach-Net for a long time and have had good service with them. I am sure FMCA will be good also.

Herman

I seen some disclaimers that I may be afraid of on FMCA or I be signed up now. I'm sure all have their limitation so I not sure if FMCA lower price is a good thing.

I think when I got Coachnet the first time it was through FMCA and had a discount. I haven't had any problems so I can't say but I have seen fewer negative post about CN than the others. So I would recommend CN.

Bill

I believe that I had GS basic before at only $79.95 per and may be why not covered at campground. I believed that I did three years for a better deal. So now they are offering renewal at 109.95 per year for Platinum level that covers so much more. I guess I got what I paid for and reason I looking at disclaimers and not covered.

I've had Coachnet for five years used them twice had no issues. I got the top of the line plan and cancelled my AAA I had for my two cars as Coachnet covers them all. One of the situations was a lock out from my RV and they sent someone within a half hour the other was a slide failure at a campground and they sent someone out. Not an issue being in a campground. There are companies out there that are good at what they do and Coachnet is one. With the Internet and introductory promotions you can always find something cheaper in cost but not know how much cheaper in service it will be until you need it.

Greetings! We are buying our first motor home next week. Have the unit picked out and am now finalizing details. One of those is insurance. I have what appears to be a decent quote from Blue Sky which includes Blue Sky Motor Club for an additional $52 per year. Is Blue Sky Motor Club a similar service to the 3 you have mentioned? Anyone have any input on this company (Blue Sky) and the BS Motor Club? Thanks. David

Bob, When you compare basic service to platinum on gs or cn there is a big different. I'm not looking for the cheapest but the best of services. When I see complaints about the service the first question that come to mind is what level of service did they pay for. I'm willing to bet that many of those complaints paid for basic and expecting platinum. I don't expect to go in a Chevrolet dealership and but a Vega and expect it to ride and perform like a Caprice. That is why I had cheap I didn't make a fuss about not sending a mechanic to the campground because I didn't pay for that. My mistake but at least I would be towed to the nearest dealer if I was on the road.

Being able to cancel AAA helps justify the extra cost to going to platinum but also have much more additional benefits. Thanks for your feedback. Herman and Bill thank you for your feedback also. Judatt I don't know anything about blue sky, I guess if someone that knows don't see it here it may be best to post a new thread.

Hi all, I have coach net.Used them for the first time last week. Lost a belt tensioner in my 400 hp Cummins on 84 west in NY.

Called-- waited on hold for ever. They wanted to tow my m.h. I told them I could give them my engine serial # so they could send mechanic with right tensioner and belt. They really wanted to tow m.h. I insisted on a roadside service call. They said someone will call to come out to help. Nobody called so I unhooked tow vehicle drove 49 miles each way to a Freightliner dealer got parts and was back on road in 3 hours. I think there service is a waist of money.

Hi all, I have coach net.Used them for the first time last week. Lost a belt tensioner in my 400 hp Cummins on 84 west in NY.

Called-- waited on hold for ever. They wanted to tow my m.h. I told them I could give them my engine serial # so they could send mechanic with right tensioner and belt. They really wanted to tow m.h. I insisted on a roadside service call. They said someone will call to come out to help. Nobody called so I unhooked tow vehicle drove 49 miles each way to a Freightliner dealer got parts and was back on road in 3 hours. I think there service is a waist of money.

Know the feeling, I had the main 135 amp circuit breaker malfunction at a traffic light on a highway in Delaware, shut everything electric down, engine included. Cops at scene wanted the MH out of the way, so they would not wait for GS guy to come from 45 miles away. Had the MH towed 1/4 mile to rest area, paid the guy $285.00 out of my pocket, at the rest area, got out my coveralls and called Freightliner 24 hour custom service. Described the problem, they directed me right to the problem breaker.

Per their instruction by-passed the breaker and continued on my journey. Went to Cummins and got new breaker, job done. CS paid the $285.00 with no argument.

There is a certain level of security when you have your toad with you, the solution of even what may appear to be major problems are often within your reach.

I've had Coach Net since 2002. Used them several times years ago and they were great. FMCA is now using a different company. VAS. Does anyone have experience with them. We had the "gold" package which is the same as Platinum. That was all we needed for all our vehicles. So don't know what VAS offers.

I have GS platinum and have used them three times. Never had a bad experience. One time was in my own driveway when jack would not retract. One time was a flat tire in a Florida campground, the other was being towed from I81 in Virginia. Wait times were not long and service was excellent.

My experience with GS has been mixed. Called them three times. One time was bad had to handle on my own on a holiday, lady on the phone was clueless. Second time and third time they found me good road side assistance that got me rolling again. I may switch to CN when my contract is up just to see the difference.

I've had bad experiences with both GS and CN. Usually caused by the person on their end not having a clue. English shouldn't be difficult for anyone for whom it is their language of birth. I've dropped both...

Anyway, I came on to see if anyone had anything to say about FMCA Roadside service. I guess it's either too new, or just too good to complain about.

Tommy,

Sorry for your unhappy experience's with GS and Coach Net. I have had Coach Net for at least 6 years and have had nothing but good result each time I have called them. Sorry I can't speak for GS. See Post #3, Ray has some comments on FMCA Road Side Assistance.

I'm sure they all have their good points :) and their flaws :( .

Herman

You can get all the info on FMCA Roadside Assistance program by clicking on FMCA Main Site, Benefits! After reading everything, I came to the conclusion that it's best suited for Class A Gas (up to 34'), B and C (gas). Not a DP, unless it's a 32'! Way to many disclaimers and restrictions for $109 per yr.! :(<_<

I will stay with CN. :)

GS was fantastic when they had one price fits all,,, :wub: But back then a 36' was a monster RV! :lol::P

Carl

I just cancelled GS and they would not provide service to my daughter car because she was over 25 (its in the fine print)  not very consumer friendly  not really happy with anything Good Sam, Camping World since Lumonis too over  

signed her up for AAA but looking to use FMCA for coach only. Other car covered under warranty

I had Coach Net and The one time I used it it worked well. However I went with the current service offered by FMCA because Coach Net had gone up to almost double. You do understand all any of these services are, is a service to connect you to someone to do the work. You get the choice 1. have a tech come to you or 2. have the coach towed to some place to have the work done.  If you have someone come out and they can't fix it, it is on you now to pay for the tow. Either way you will be paying for parts and labor.

Bill

Have had GS Platinum for at least 11 years and  have used it three times.  The last two times for a flat tire.  I waited in excess of six hours for a repair for a tire repair truck to show up.  They call around until they find someone who will accept a cheap bid before dispatching. The cost of $139.95 is not the issue.  However I do take exception of them offering the same service for new members at$69.95 or $79.95.  Also since the ownership change, too many things went downhill.   

I recently used GS for a damaged hard to get tire and they came through. They also paid for the service call and mileage. 

I'm no fan of Marcus L. but I must say that GS have a better understanding about DP's now, than they did 5 years ago!  I have found that Coach Net is good for some things and GS for others...so, I now have both!  It's like insurance, you never want to use it, but when you need it, you don't want to be without !  

Dacar.  Don't blame GS or their PR, they are in the RV business and will cover the RV's owner's vehicle's...all auto insurances, that I have had, has a roadside assist.

Carl