Sign in to follow this  
gwtriker

Sealing A Roof Leak

I have recently discovered I have a roof leak on my 1998 Fleetwood Bounder. There appears to be a section of the caulking in the bathroom vent area that has cracked. I am looking to make a temporary repair during our recent rainy weather while deciding on what I want to do for a "permanent repair.

Somewhere I have seen an article or advertisement for a "tape" type caulking, but can not remember where, or find the information. I also would like to determine what type of roof in on the Bounder.

Does anyone have information on how and where I can find the answer to both the above?

Marty Link

I have used Dicor sealants before on cracked sealant. I think it would be a good fast temporary fix. They have a self leveling type and one for use in more vertical applications that won't run.

http://www.dicor.com/

I think the Eternabond tape is better for seams after the old sealant is removed. I always recommend removing all the old deteriorated caulk and starting with a fresh clean surface. But you can smear the Dicor over the old caulk for a temporary fix and it may be easier to get off when you need to do a proper fix.

Yes you can use Eternabond tape if you want to.

Bill