Sign in to follow this  
bchampton

RV Maintence On The Road

In my travels around the country, there are times I may need some Maintenance-- basic oil changes. Last trip to the East Coast, I contacted 10 different companies, asking for an oil change. Either they were too busy or did not do Gas RV. I did find a dealership who did it for me.

Is there anything on the WEB listing SHOPS who do RV'S? Camping World was always 2 to 3 weeks out for service.

As a Retired Shop Owner, I always had 1 Tech. to handle these simple tasks.

Try this link first:

http://www.rvservicereviews.com/

The site will list repair shops in whatever area you are in and give reviews from owners who have had service done.

Also look for fleet service shops in your area. These places usually can deal with your rv chassis, and they are used to getting things done quickly for fleets of vehicles.

As a previous Auto dealer that serviced Sprinters and Sprinter RV's I agree with BCHAMPTON. Always tried to accommodate 1. travelers and 2. specialty vehicles. I have found the same frustration with RV dealers that they can sell them but can't really service and repair them. What an opportunity for entrepreneurship! I have found that most dealers sub out the work and mark up the work. AND they really do a lousy job of scheduling!