dmastroluca

Pay As You Go Internet Data/Wifi - Karma Go Discount Coupon

We just used our Karma Go 4G WIFI Hotspot for our coach and it works great. We are getting blazing fast download speeds (a lot faster than campground wifi). You can get 10GB of data that never expires for $99. They also have a $50 month unlimited plan with up to 5MBps service. The pay as you go feature is nice for us because we only use it for camping, and we only seriously camp in the spring and summer months, so the data I buy in the spring will stay on the account forever without expiring. Data on most other cell plans expire. Read your fine print if you don't believe me.

Another cool thing is that if other campers in the campground jump on your wifi, you and the person that logs on get 100Mb of free data. If anyone is serious about getting a Karma Go too, I have a $10 off coupon you can use here. https://yourkarma.com/invite/dan3727887

Is this similar to an AT&T hotspot? Although an AT&T subscriber for almost twenty years, I have not had a good reason to try that service. Upon retirement in 2011 I stopped smart phone service. Probably required for either data source??

I also have a Karma Go and I have nothing but GOOD things to say about this device. It is awesome!

No smartphone or plan involved. You simply buy the device, then buy data. The date does not expire unlike, for example, Verizon's Jetpack hotspot, where any unused data expires after 30 days (use it or lose it).

Karma does not work like that, when you buy the data, the device is "loaded" and you just use it until you have depleted the amount you purchased, then you can top it up.

They had a "2 for the price of 1" deal a about 3 months ago and I purchased 40Gb and still have 30 Gb left.

It uses the Sprint LTE network and, so far, have had great coverage. Connection speeds obviously vary with the strength of the coverage, but I have had speeds as high as 13 Gbps.

I have not tried their unlimited date for $50/month yet. They cap the speed to 5mbps, but it is unlimited. I am very tempted.

I have no affiliation with Karma by the way, just a happy user after trying various hotspot solutions.

5mbps will allow movie streaming?? Have not done that because we have slow Verizon DSL at home and of course slow park WIFI.

A bit of an old topic, but I got a Karma Go two days ago. I have the $50/mo unlimited plan. I really like it.

I have Sprint as my phone carrier because it is the best price of the major carriers and it actually has signal at my house (so I cut off my home phone).

I believe the Karma go will also work with sprint 3G, so the coverage area is not as bad as people would have you believe. There was some recent controversy as Karma has starting reducing speeds to 1.25 MBps up and down, as opposed to 5 MBps up and down originally advertised. In the same email explaining the new reduced speeds, the included a "return my karma go" link.

I will be keeping mine for now. My cell phone bill was $450 last month because we went way over on our data plan. Now, with the unlimited data plan on karma go, I can carry the device in my pocket and supply myself and DW all the time.

Montyhp

Would love to hear more on this topic. We travel about 3 months of the year through the U.S. and have had varying degrees of frustration with cell phone plans. Roam Mobility is crap. Most of the time hotspot on my phone is crap. We are a Roger's customer and the voice/text plans are great but the data plans are not so good. Then of course there is the hit and miss world of the park wifi. Was considering the Verizon jetpak but the plans get complicated and expire. Now the Karma (Sprint) sounds pretty good. That is until they slow the up and down speeds. I am pretty aware of the coverage maps of all the major providers. Just would love to hear from the the folks using the systems, you know best.

Hi We are looking for WI-FI for camping and read the comments about Karma Go. Would like to know of the security of the Wi-Fi as I would like to use if for bill pay which doesn't need to be available to everyone.

Thanks. Have a great day..

The security is most likely a function of the banking institutions. Going on public wifi or your own mifi should be totally fine? Have not heard of anyone having security issues paying bills.

Just for completeness I'll add to this topic. Karma-Go became a bait and switch scheme. They first sent an email to all NEVERSTOP users saying unlimited internet was unsustainable because people were using it in an unlimited fashion. They changed it to 15GB per month for $50. Most of us kept the device because that is still reasonable for a limited plan.

Next they sent an email saying everyone is being switched to a limited plan that is about twice as expensive a s NEVERSTOP.

Mine is going back at the end of this month.

Karma is a joke!  Not anything you would want to pursue.  Once they found out that people were going to use their unlimited plan to use unlimited data they created one of the most expensive data plan available anywhere.

Bill,

Any suggestions for wifi that would meet my needs? 3-4 months a year with 8-10 GB per month.

Thanks,

Roland

If you have a smart phone, that's all you need.  Verizon has the best coverage Nationwide but they are all about the same E. of the Mississippi.

If you don't have a smart phone you can look at some of the services like Trac-Phone that offer a Mi-Fi device with re-loadable data that never expires.  Not the cheapest but likely cheaper than having to pay for a data plan year-round.