greenbarn1

Atwood 5 button Digital Thermostat Problems

Hi all,

I have a 2004 American tradition. My Atwood thermostat will read room temperature when every once in a while temperature will drop 1 degree at a time to maybe 60 degrees.

Then immediately return back to room temperature 1 degree at a time. This whole sequence takes maybe 5 or 10 seconds. Just long enough to call for heat or a/c..

Happens intermittently all day.

Thanks

Greenbarn1, Could you post the model and make of the thermostat and control board for the group?

Different year and make coaches change things over time. Kind of keeps things interesting for the members.

Rich.

Not sure of model #. It is a Atwood 5 button digital thermostat that controls 2 zones. Each sone has a furnace, air conditioning and heat pump.. I believe problem is only on zone 1. I am second owner and can't find model number anywhere.

Green,

Your thermostat should have buttons for Mode, Fan, Up, Down and Zone. The Mode has Off, Fan, Cool, Heat Pump and Furnace, and the same on the rear.

On the front thermostat you only have one(1) zone. While on the rear you have two(2) zones, but only on cool. On cool you may set two different temperatures but only one on all other modes.

Try running the units through all modes and see if your units work in them all.

Herman

Something you might try is pull the front of the thermostat off and remove the fuse for 60 sec than replace it. See if this helps the problem.

Bill

Thanks for the replys. Tried all the above still the same. Contacted Fleetwood they think maybe zone 1 thermistor. They also said if it's the circuit board or the thermostat I am out of luck because Atwood no longer makes them. So I said what would I do then and they said I would have to run new cabling to support new controls and that they have never done one because it's to expensive. Wow not good news.

Here is a link to a list of RV salvage yards. You'd have a hard time visiting all of them, there may not even be one near you. Many if not most are willing to work with you over the phone. Many also ship parts to you. Get on the phone if you can't visit one in your area.