Sign in to follow this  
a1parrothead

2007 Roadtrek 210 Popular Seat

I need to replace the drivers side bottom portion of the seat cushion cover. It has torn from sliding in and out over the years.

Here's my problem: My 2007 210 Popular is on the Chevy 3500 Express chassis. It has those seats with "Roadtrek" Embroidered on the back rest part. That embroidery implied to me that the seat coverings were custom. However, after a dealer called Roadtrek on my behalf, they said that they were not custom upholstery, just that they remove them and stitch on the "Roadtrek" for a custom look.

O.K., so pretty simple, right? Buy a GM replacement seat cover. EXCEPT...... every one I look at, and everyone I talk to, has the same one for sale. And it does not match. It has a different seam pattern to it. Like with pleats. My seat cover is smooth. I have provided them with the VIN and they say that the seat cover they supply, is the one listed for my vehicle. Except, its not.

Has anybody had any experience with this? Was the representative at Roadtrek incorrect in saying that they are just factory Chevy seats, and in fact Roadtrek had them custom upholstered?

I need a cover, and want them to match. I realize I can probably have one custom made to match, but now its just the point. I want to know whether they are GM factory, or if Roadtrek had them custom made.
Jeff

post-49122-0-08022100-1450483474_thumb.j

a1,

Welcome to the Forum.

Chevrolet and GMC are noted for the their drivers seats wearing out. I have had several seats repaired. Go to one of your local auto upholstery shop. They can match the leather and fabric.

Herman