chp007kd40

Residential Fridge Vs Rock&Rolls & Rough Roads

Most residential fridges have rotary compressors so traveling down rough roads will little or no affect on them, pretty much the same as your roof air.

While driving most batteries are charged from the alternator so when traveling the batteries will not drain down.

Leaving a refrigerator turned off for long periods of time will have no ill effects. The refrigeration unit is sealed the same as your roof air and the cabin air for your coach.

If you plan on not having power to any fridge for more than 24 hours, empty it off all food in fridge and freezer or it will be moving by itself. :rolleyes: It is best to clean it and leave all doors open to allow air circulation. I also leave a pie pan of charcoal and kitty litter to absorb moisture! :)

Carl

Carl,

Have you trained your cat to go to the refrigerator to do it duty? ;):lol:

Herman

Just when I was thinking it......Herman is on the next line to say it :lol::D

I just posted pictures of the finished product in our coach in the "Gallery" section. I need more photos and will work on them soon.

Thank you Herman, it's such a pleasure to drop in on Forum! :rolleyes: You still need to work on your spelling... :P:lol: Oh, I'm still pet less. :(

Carl

And in the "kids" section at Walmart one can purchase a very good device for holding the fridge closed during travel for only $4.98. The adhesive is very good and it is a plastic device that is simple to use. Mainly used to keep children out of cupboards and cabinets. If I recall there are two to a blister pack.

One for the fridge and one for the freezer.

Very simple to install. Peel paper backing off the adhesive, press onto the door. Then pell paper off the mating part, insert into the first part and then move the adhesive end around to an anchor point.

To release merely push--with one digit-- the locking tab in while pulling the door open.

Well, that should make Joe happy! :) Not... <_< Wonder how much effort, time and fabrication it cost him? :blink:

Carl

Carl, my kids are teens, so they know more than all of us. :blink::lol: My lock took me 1/2 hour to make (including set up and tear down for the plasma cutter) $4.00 for the metal at Tractor Supply and $1.25 for the knob from MSC industrial, I painted it with some left over paint laying around the garage. I was going to use the stick on type mentioned above, my concern was the kids wouldn't pay attention and just pull the handle. The latch knob now has a reflective glow in the dark stripe and when you are looking at the fridge its in your face, kinda hard to miss.

I probably spent more time and energy looking at new coaches at Hershey snapping photos of what each OEM used for their design. It was fun looking through new coaches and fabricating my latch.