rfsod48

Starting A Cold Diesel Engine

Just read your bio. Since your family believed in the "Old Testament" & King David, Solomon, etc. Don't suppose your a Mason also?

Your right, not going to be fun in the mountains for the next 3-5 days! Per Joe, it's chili time! Only hope he also likes corn bread...LOL

Carl

Carl, love corn bread, my oldest daughter as well, she also makes it. Funny you mentioned it, my grandfather's family were Quakers/Masons....even funnier Herman's profile picture, he looks just like my grandfather, especially with the hat. :D Herman I have been waiting for the moment to mention it. He also was into RV'ing, pretty sure that where I go it from. He was also a retired trucker, probably how I landed into this business as well.

OBEDB is frozen! Same here he lives 50 miles west of me straight up RT30. The temp this morning was 16 degrees, 12-18" of snow headed this way around 6pm tonight. :o

FIVE, I love it when things are wired differently from coach to coach! <_<

I don't have a switch in rear, just the plug in basement and a on/off inside coach... :) What year and model do you have now?

Carl

I think we are saying the same thing. The "on/off inside coach" is what I have that turns the AC recepticle on/off in the basement where the engine heat plug is located.

In June we swapped an '09 AC Allegiance for a '14 Eagle 45T.

We are! Just remembered your upgrade, hope your happy with it. Still no picture! Other than longer coach and bigger engine, what else

is worth the massive cost difference?

Carl

To all that replied to my post:

It never occurred to me that the cord from the block to the heater switch would be unplugged. I will check it at the earliest opportunity - unfortunately, just had a snowstorm, so cannot check it presently.

Thanks to all who posted a reply. It is greatly appreciated.

To all that replied to my post:

It never occurred to me that the cord from the block to the heater switch would be unplugged. I will check it at the earliest opportunity - unfortunately, just had a snowstorm, so cannot check it presently.

Thanks to all who posted a reply. It is greatly appreciated.

I hope your not along the East coast from N.C. to Boston Mass. They are in for something like 6in. to 30in. depending on how this storm tracks.

Rich.

Rich, last I heard, NYC is upgraded to 2 feet+, good thing it's Saturday! Can't imagine the traffic snarl on a weekday! Another reason to live in the

South!!!

Carl

We are! Just remembered your upgrade, hope your happy with it. Still no picture! Other than longer coach and bigger engine, what else

is worth the massive cost difference?

Carl

Just off the top of my head...Allison 4000, auto shades, auto blinds, auto awnings (Girards), custom paint (no black), in motion satellite dish, heated floor, two full bay power slides, macerator pump, two electric macerator toilets, three Sony TVs, electric power cord and fresh water reels, insta hot water dispenser, king mattress, recliner/ottoman, washer/dryer, and probably more I can't think of. As you know, all ACs come pretty well equipped...here are some that I haven't mentioned that are standard Aqua Hot, 10 KW Onan, power gen slide, Silverleaf chassis monitoring system, three rear/side cameras, Sony Home Theater System, central vac, Sony DVD with wifi, protective front mask, 2,800 pure sine wave inverter, eight AGM house and two AGM chassis batteries, frameless flush windows, roof mounted solar panel, dual (air/hydraulic) leveling systems, engine block heater, and more.

OK, my Allison is only 3000, have just one bath so 1 macerator toilet. Don't have insta hot water, 8 reg batteries and 2 AGM for engine! Can't

see the extra $200,000! Per the spec sheet, you have a bigger engine and HD Allison!

You and I both have LED lights. I presume you have a dishwasher.

Now that I'm thinking about it...if you have not already done so, find your 2 (one for each toilet) in line 20 amp fuse and make sure they are 20 amp!

Mine was a 15 (marine use) RV is 20. I found mine under the drawer beneath the dishwasher...AC help line had it behind the back panel off toilet!

So now I have a 6"x6" hole covered by a picture of a dog on the throne!

Carl

Rich, last I heard, NYC is upgraded to 2 feet+, good thing it's Saturday! Can't imagine the traffic snarl on a weekday! Another reason to live in the

South!!!

Carl

We still have power! Not sure how the wind is 40-60 mph, the snow is up to the door handles on my wife's 2012 Ford Explorer, none on the roof of the cars due to the high winds. Great day to stay inside and....oh look it's 5:00 here. If you are up in the NE be careful.

Local weather is saying we could end up with 30-40" of snow.

Herman, Carl, Brett, any room in Texas for another DP? Lol

One thing about Texas, like Montana and Alaska, we still have wide open spaces and it's a lot warmer than the other 2! :D:lol:

You could even bring your business down here and make a very nice living! :) Cost off living is about half off yours and income about the same!

What's not to like? :wub:

Carl

OK, my Allison is only 3000, have just one bath so 1 macerator toilet. Don't have insta hot water, 8 reg batteries and 2 AGM for engine! Can't

see the extra $200,000! Per the spec sheet, you have a bigger engine and HD Allison!

You and I both have LED lights. I presume you have a dishwasher.

Now that I'm thinking about it...if you have not already done so, find your 2 (one for each toilet) in line 20 amp fuse and make sure they are 20 amp!

Mine was a 15 (marine use) RV is 20. I found mine under the drawer beneath the dishwasher...AC help line had it behind the back panel off toilet!

So now I have a 6"x6" hole covered by a picture of a dog on the throne!

Carl

Thanks for the tip on the fuse...i'll check it out. Don't have a dishwasher and don't want one. We'd rather have the storage space...besides, my wife has a dishwasher...me.

Probably the option we use the most is the shade/blind/awning package. We use all of them multiple times a day. As for the $200k...half of that is the logo on the side that says, "AMERICAN EAGLE." :D

I use my dishwasher for paper storage. Plates for crackers and cheese, napkins and bowels for cereal and

ice cream...everything else is "correlle"! Dishwasher is me or when I roll down the road I let the ride wash them!

You might want to re think that it has ben cold today only in the 50s but should be 63 on Monday. Yes, yes there are spots available.

:D

Bill

Bill, not sure if we could handle those temps, lol. after all its a whopping 7 degrees this morning.

Joe,

I just saw you post.

Let me insure you that your Grandfather must have been a Handsome, Wise, Wonderful Gentleman, and modest to. :wub:

Glad to know I have had at least one doppelgänger out there.

Herman

Herman, thank you.

He is still around, stops over every so often since he moved up to PA from TN. Since he spent most of his life weekend camping then FT with a motorhome for a few years, he drops in to see what I have done with the coach, sits inside and just takes it all in with a smile.

Never thought of the doppelgänger....but yes that's it.

I am pretty sure he was or is an FMCA member, I know he also had the lifetime GS membership, I will have to ask.

Herman, just dawned on me....he also served in the Navy, the world is small!

Up here in the Great White North, I can start my Cat 3126 down to -20F. The chassis batteries are in good shape, fully charged, and I run the generator while getting the little darlin' going. The generator allows full power to the manifold heater. I then run the Cat at 800rpm to warm it up. Actually starting the generator is harder than getting the diesel going.