RustyHog

Ideal Rest Bed In Itasca 42' QD

Does anyone know what type mattress (non air) that will work in our motorhome?

Ideal Rest Electric bed in coach is like a hospital bed and the mattress has to fold up to about a 70 degree angle.

Ideal Rest uses plastic fittings ( and not aluminum or brass ) so the hose fittings and the pump air box ports are always snapping off( otherwise when the bed holds air ) it is comfortable.

I'm just getting tired of repairing and ordering these fittings and now I need an air box. Factory says to send the whole air pump back to California ( Freight both ways and the air box cost of $ 46.00 ) = $ 100.00 ( plus about a 3 week wait ) ??

Its ridiculous to keep making repairs to this bed any longer -- our coach is a 2011.

Any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Happy New Year to all.

Rustyhog

I use a memory foam mattress in my coach, it is on an electric adjustable bed frame, works perfect. The only problem we have ever had was keeping sheets on it in the raised position, finally found a company that

actually makes a stayput fitted sheet, and that solved that.

Kay

Yes, I actually ordered mine from a seller on e-bay, under rv furniture, good pricing, just make sure that you don't order the stackable kind, you will see many listings there.

I have a Serta brand in the house that cost 3 times what one in motorhome cost, but the motorhome sleeps better to me. Yes it is plenty flexible, my bed raises to about 70 degrees also, the frame is Platt and Legget.

I had one of those airbeds at one time, and like yours, the inlet was continually breaking.

RustyHog, we just purchased a Denver Mattress, "Supreme Euro" model at the Hershey RV show. So far we love it! Our bed also raises and this one is fairly light compared to the one removed. We have a "narrow king" size bed in the coach.