jleamont

Installing Double Recliner Chairs

Just ordered the final piece of interior for the "new to us" coach we bought in May 2014. The unit came missing the J Lounge that was directly behind the passenger seat. From the spec sheet it was a power flip with a bed under it that replaced the normal 40PKD wrap around desk. My guess is it was a special order from the original owner to delete the wrap around desk and replace with the J lounge. Apparently they liked it so much they took it with them :huh: .

When we bought the unit I removed the buffet and repositioned the table and discarded the loose chairs. I replaced it with a leather dinette booth (with seat belts only on the side facing forward) utilizing the existing Corian table. I purchased double recliners that will match the leather pattern on the dinette booth.

My interior color is "Cream" not the one in the photo. I got talked into heated seating with back massagers, lock in tables (that are removable) for each seat and LED reading lamps that lock into the tables....DW and kids idea. I gave up my used search for the last 1.5 years and bit the bullet. I also ordered it with a seat belt kit for both seating positions. Both interior changes came from the place linked below and are designed for motorhomes (people can ride on the seating while the coach is in use). Once installed I will try and attach photos, these are a month and a half out.

Link: http://shop4seats.com/rv-furniture/sofa-beds/double-recliners/de-leon-double-recliner.html

To make more room, remove the passenger seat and the hand rail at the front step. Also remove hinged door stop to open door farther and tie door to mirror to keep it out of the way.

J.

If I can get a residential referigerator through my front door the couch should also pass. One thing I did before trying to put the unit through the door was to make a light weight frame the exact size is the refridgerator. I tried and it fit, when installaling the unit I did have to back out and remove the TV. It hung on the corner.

Good luck.

Herman

Joe, be careful. With all the remodel your doing this winter, you'll have nothing to do next year! :lol:

When you get it in, please post a picture! I have a sofa that I want to replace with something as I don't need 2!

Good Luck

Carl

Carl, the last time I was done with the upgrades and 6 months from owning it I traded it in for this beast. Every time I turn around "Prevost" comes from her mouth lately. I guess it's ok she wants a different coach in the future....as long as I am not getting traded in its all good....... right? :rolleyes:

I would love to post photos, cannot ever seem to compress them enough for the requirements on this site.

You got a pic of your coach...ask Puff how he does it!

Prevost? Good luck! You wont be retiring any time soon! :lol:<_<

Carl

Reminds me of a cartoon I saw some years ago. The wife tells the husband they can finally afford something they've wanted since 1960... a 1960 Cadillac.

Haha, that's great!

Joe, you currently have an 02'. I suspect she has a newer than 84' in mind. They are relentless when it's on their minds and don't forget

that there are 2402 bits of information per minute bouncing between both lobs of their brain...afford is not one of them! :lol:<_<

Carl

PS. You got the chairs in?

Carl, thanks for the advice. I could probably get away with an older Prevost since they do not have slides and she hates slides. I wont see them until March (custom built), good thing....I have been changing out my dash panel from the dull gray factory to wood grained to match the rest of the controls I replaced earlier in the year. I am trying to figure out if I want to mount my "Scan Gauge" in the dash like it came that way from HR or just locate a simple home for it without going crazy.

Plus, we are expecting 16"-24" snow storm with Blizzard conditions Friday into early Sunday so I am making sure the house generator is ready for the event and my snow blower is tuned up and the usual, wine, cheese stocked up etc... :D Think I am going to make some homemade Chili for the weekend and just relax.

I have to ask Puff what software he uses to compress photos, seems like my cell phone photos are much to clear to post on here. My old phone worked fine the new I-phone the pixels are too high.

Joe, snow will start later today! :) Yankee Chili? <_< You need to come to Texas and learn how to make the real stuff! :lol::D

Where I am, we are looking for a high of 67 today, current is 46 and I have heather on! You can keep your BLIZZARD, the only

Blizzard we have is a milk shake at DQ! :lol::lol: :lol:

I'd keep the "Scan Gauge" where it's at. Will we see you and DW at Perry in March?

Carl

Carl, I have a recipe from Texas, no beans in this house! I won 2nd place last year in a contest with it. I manage quite well with BBQ and Chili (smoker at the house).

I was trying to go to Springfield in August, but that doesn't look good, I have a birthday party camping trip that just came up that weekend in the mountains of PA for my friend that just bought his first DP (on another post).

I am thinking trying for 2017 and just use vacation time, the DW was concerned the teenagers would be board so I have to do some homework on what's going on for them or if its at a place for them to day trip out with the Jeep and leave me behind at the rally it would be a big help.

We need to get together and photo both Jeeps together since they look so much alike.

The only Blizzard I like is the one from DQ also, not looking forward to this.

Joe

Your DW is correct about you teenager getting bored when attending the winter Rally. However in the summer Rally they put together a bunch of activities for the youths. While you can't make August 21016 still look at the 2016 program and see what they have for the teenagers.

Herman

Carl, thanks for the advice. I could probably get away with an older Prevost since they do not have slides and she hates slides. I wont see them until March (custom built), good thing....I have been changing out my dash panel from the dull gray factory to wood grained to match the rest of the controls I replaced earlier in the year. I am trying to figure out if I want to mount my "Scan Gauge" in the dash like it came that way from HR or just locate a simple home for it without going crazy.

Plus, we are expecting 16"-24" snow storm with Blizzard conditions Friday into early Sunday so I am making sure the house generator is ready for the event and my snow blower is tuned up and the usual, wine, cheese stocked up etc... :D Think I am going to make some homemade Chili for the weekend and just relax.

I have to ask Puff what software he uses to compress photos, seems like my cell phone photos are much to clear to post on here. My old phone worked fine the new I-phone the pixels are too high.

Joe,

Take a look at IrFanView software. I use it a lot to compress photos from my Nikon camera for posting on Facebook, sending with email, etc.

http://www.irfanview.com/

When I need to download free software, it will come from CNET.

http://download.cnet.com/IrfanView/?part=dl-&subj=dl&tag=button

After you get the software installed. Open your photo with the software, select "Image" from the menu at the top. Then from the popup menu select "Resize/Resample". Then select the pixel size from the selections on the right, click OK. Then File, Save As and name it what you like.

Joe.

I'll be in PA. about 2 weeks prior to Springfield. Don't know where you live, so send me a PM around June & we can compare Jeeps!

Carl

Joe.

I'll be in PA. about 2 weeks prior to Springfield. Don't know where you live, so send me a PM around June & we can compare Jeeps!

Carl

Carl, will do or, July 22nd we check into a new campground in Rehoboth DE for the weekend, if your in the area stop over and take a look around the campground. From the plans (under construction now) it looks like a winner! The last CG these people bought in Ocean City MD is one of my favorites.

www.Masseyslanding.com

If you have kids, I guess $95 per night is OK for a pull thru! Cheaper than a Hotel.

I'm trying to sneak up on W. Springfield because I want to avoid the traffic between DC and Connecticut! Last time I came up, was in 89' and it was horrible traffic...don't think it's gotten any better! :lol:<_<

It will be after July 22nd. I'll still be at a friends farm, against the Blue Ridge Mts, outside Ashville, NC. :wub:

Carl

Recliners shipped, I am supposed to have them on the 10th. Puff, they are being shipped by ABF, lol. They will probably arrive early given the way they drive!

I will post photos in the gallery section of the current interior then the finished product.

Has anyone ever install regular house furniture into a motorhome? I was reading a post on Facebook and a lot of people just set regular house furniture in their coaches, one guy put wheels under his sofa so he could roll it in and out of the slide for transport. There is something about slamming on the brakes and your couch running you down as it launches out the windshield that makes my hair stand up.

Is it just me putting too much thought into this?

Recliners shipped, I am supposed to have them on the 10th. Puff, they are being shipped by ABF, lol. They will probably arrive early given the way they drive!

I will post photos in the gallery section of the current interior then the finished product.

Has anyone ever install regular house furniture into a motorhome? I was reading a post on Facebook and a lot of people just set regular house furniture in their coaches, one guy put wheels under his sofa so he could roll it in and out of the slide for transport. There is something about slamming on the brakes and your couch running you down as it launches out the windshield that makes my hair stand up.

Is it just me putting too much thought into this?

Haha I hope they get it there in one piece if you get the same truck driver. As for things rolling my barrel chair stay put as well as the desk chair and folding chair. The desk chair and folding chair I put the back to back so they don't tip over. All three are sitting on carpet so that helps hold the feet. On laminate flooring you will have to bolt it down.