jleamont

Installing Double Recliner Chairs

Joe.

Your not over thinking, a lot of folks use regular furniture in their RV's and it's safe as long as they are secured for travel....what ever makes a body comfortable works! You off course would get lost in a recliner that fits me! :lol: I would have to give you a ladder to reach my cabinets in my house! :P:D Your whole family could sleep cross wise on my Calif. King! Just a matter of perspective... :)

Carl

Joe.

Your not over thinking, a lot of folks use regular furniture in their RV's and it's safe as long as they are secured for travel....what ever makes a body comfortable works! You off course would get lost in a recliner that fits me! :lol: I would have to give you a ladder to reach my cabinets in my house! :P:D Your whole family could sleep cross wise on my Calif. King! Just a matter of perspective... :)

Carl

You are correct, we have step stools around already...not for me, DW and oldest daughter.

Funny, we always had Queen beds, we bought this coach it has a King, now we only sleep on Kings (upgraded the house) Lol

More photos up in the "Gallery section" now of the interior. Once they are installed I will post photos of them.

They arrived yesterday, look good. The huge bonus...the couch is five pieces. Each chair is individual with the seat backs removed, the center arm rest section is assembled. Going in tomorrow....photos to follow.

Joe. Great !

Hope you have all the parts ! <_<:P Two many off the wrong parts or not enough...have fun! :D

Thought of the day: I want to get 4 pigs, red pain and number them 1,2,3 and 5. Let them loose in Wally World and watch Security look for #4... :lol::wacko:

Carl

Joe. Great !

Hope you have all the parts ! <_<:P Two many off the wrong parts or not enough...have fun! :D

Thought of the day: I want to get 4 pigs, red pain and number them 1,2,3 and 5. Let them loose in Wally World and watch Security look for #4... :lol::wacko:

Carl

:D:lol:

we love that place....it would be funny to watch

Thanks Carl! I am slowly chipping away at the items in this unit that didn't suite our needs. My interior is complete. Once I loose the propane tank and think of what to use that large space for I will be done.

Joe.

Extra space. In/out dog house when parked ! :) Just don't PO the DW or you'll be kicking the dog out ! :lol::rolleyes:

I saw one with a ramp, doggie bed and 2 off those fluffy, small, white dogs (cant remember name)!

Carl

HAHA, don't tell her that, it will be my home when I get in trouble. Our dog is spoiled, he stays inside, all 9 lbs of pure terror. :o

Joe, Ok just figured out that it is Holiday Rambler similar interior to our Safari. I sure do like the way it looks as updated and the couch great! What is opposite the couch? Another slide? Single slide?, how deep iis the slide? I was thinking of installing a riser to lift a TV from behind the couch or a sectional like yours opposite in place of the rocker, would end up with 2 couches or recliner type like yours. How comfortable are the kitchen table benches, firm or soft? The outfit that you bought them from can they do any embroidery logo work? really looks good

Bill Edwards

Bill, I am not sure if the do embroidery work, probably worth a phone call. I have the full interior photos posted in the gallery section. We have two slides, both are on the drivers side. The front one is shallow (maybe 18-24 inches) with the the couch and kitchen on it, the back one is the king size bed that is sideways. The opposite couch is a magic bed, very comfortable, it's cloth, not leather. One selling point we liked with this floor plan is the drivers seat is a few feet in front of the slide, no matter how far back it is it will not interfere with the slide

Today I finished the wiring portion of the seat install, I ordered them with seat heaters (DW is always cold), they were built with heaters and massagers for your back and legs. That was a suprise. Bill the kitchen benches are comfortable, I just wish the backs were higher for more support, had I thought about it more I would have asked for taller seat backs, that company will customize their existing products if you ask.

ObedB, two weekends from now that project begins, I have a friend that works for an automotive body shop, he and I are going to tackle that. It's just s clear protector. I will post photos and let everyone know how the kit I bought worked.

Hey! It looks classy with the bra. If things don't work out with the removal, your DP still looks fine.

Joe, is that bra a diamond shield? If so, removal is a real B. :angry:

9 pound dog? Geez, that's normal for LA. Cockroaches and Mosquitos! :lol::D

Carl

Thanks, the black bra with the blacked out headlights and turn signals gives that coach a hole different look.

I think the bra will stay even after just for protection on long trips. Once the 3M shield is removed it will need some paint work, there is one bad stone shot from the previous owner that I need to get fixed.

Joe,

I owned a body shop for the best part of 40 years and removing clear plastic is slow and tedious. Your best friend will be patience and then when removed the chips will appear, dang at least they could not leave for a long time. I need to remove the same from my 350 Ford dually as well, not looking forward to it but after 16 years and I will do it again. It is great protection. The Panther has a clear plexiglas cover from the windshield down with no cutout for the gen set access. I think I am going to remove that too and section it. Cutting of the upper portion and retain the section at the bumper, sectioning it into 3 pieces and allow it to protect the textured bumper like portion of the cap only.

Joe you might ask your body buddy (that sounds odd) about adding a flex agent to the clear coat on the cap. It will do pretty much the same thing protection wise as adding the film. It is on all front bumper finishes on cars today and they do not chip up like other areas of the car that are not so covered. Finishing the cap with an added flex agent takes skill as it does not set as quickly as without, and sags are easily acquired and not pretty on his or her face, the coach that is. Oops, was that politically correct no pun intended...

Thanks for answering the spacial questions about your coach and the living room slide. Very similar to ours as it allows me to visualize how the same would work in the Panther. The front seat very similar spacialy as well. We have only one slide, none in the bedroom, plenty of room. I did not want a slide there with that big honkin engine hanging back there. Not enough engineering back in those days at SMC to head off structural issues showing up now in coaches with bedroom slides.

Bill Edwards