manholt

Texas Custom Coach

I will be in Pipe Creek (Bandera), Texas the 20th and will be stopping by TCC to see if they can fix some things

for me...If they can, it will save me a trip to "balmy" Decatur, Ind. :rolleyes:

Have anybody had work done or know someone who has, that can give me a pro/con on TCC?

Body work and paint.

Carl

I visited with them when we had a Rally down there in the Madena lake area. One of the group had some work done before and was planning on getting some other stuff done. They seamed happy with the work. Looked like a good well run place doing good quality work.

Bill

Thank you Bill.

I have seen them over the years, but no work done. Would be nice to have another option, besides Fl. or Factory!

Carrl

Carl,

If you are looking for alternate places for RV Repair and Painting, here are a couple that are very good and really nice folks to deal with.

Xtreme Graphics in Nacogdoches, TX 936-560-5888 (Tell Gene or Jennifer I told you to contact them)

www.xtremegraphics.com

North Texas RV Repair in Denton, TX. 888-399-0973

www.ntrvrepair.com

Good Luck and hope to see you in Perry.

Herman

Herman. Thanks, but I'm now committed to TCC. They have a coach like mine and are doing to it, what must be done with mine...seems to be a common occurrence with the 10', 11' & 12' Tradition! Will be there the 20th and they can see what else is on my wish list...since the are in a slow period, they will start on mine the 25th. :)

I will be in Perry by the 17th of March, then I will have my teeth removed (unless they fall out by themselves)! :rolleyes::lol:

Carl

Carl...there is no longer a need for those of us in this area to go to Decatur. Last month, American Coach bought out the AC dealership (Ancira) in Alvarado, TX, just south of Fort Worth. It is a factory repair business now. For more details you can call AC tech line.

Ancira RV is back in Boerne, TX. and MHS in Alvarado, TX. got all off Ancira Alvarado Coaches via REV group that used to be Allied group!

Confused? So am I ! MHS is having a Blow Out Sale!

I'm really tempted to trade mine for a 2016 Tradition 43'...$40K difference looks pretty good. We will see, I have until 2/15 to think about it!

Service in Texas!!!

Carl

I had some major work done at TCC and I am very pleased with the work. High quality, on time and for the price they quoted me. My coach was there for a month and I went by almost every week to check on progress. They can work on any coach that you have. Don't take DW are you will get done more than you planned.

ferg54, welcome to the Forum!

I was there yesterday and we went over what I needed to fix. Was very surprised when they took time and fixed my bay door lock so I could use my water hookup again. My appointment is next Monday. That sure beats all the dealers that can't or won't take you for 4 to 6 weeks, because you did not buy from them!

They took me into the bays to look at their work, spotless and I was impressed with their ability! They do complete re-model or build you a new conversion coach! Also do 5th wheel trailers and custom horse haulers.

I fully expected my problems to be around $ 3 to 4,000 and they expect it to be less than $1,500!

Will keep the Forum posted.

Carl

Ancira RV is back in Boerne, TX. and MHS in Alvarado, TX. got all off Ancira Alvarado Coaches via REV group that used to be Allied group!

Confused? So am I ! MHS is having a Blow Out Sale!

I'm really tempted to trade mine for a 2016 Tradition 43'...$40K difference looks pretty good. We will see, I have until 2/15 to think about it!

Service in Texas!!!

Carl

That sounds like a good deal! Then you can spend the next two years working out the bugs, and saying to yourself, "why in h##l did the engineers do that???"

I know, that's why I'm not going there right after TCC! Some people can buy a new rig and not have a lick of trouble. I have always

fallen into the other bracket!!! :(:angry:

Carl

I know, that's why I'm not going there right after TCC! Some people can buy a new rig and not have a lick of trouble. I have always

fallen into the other bracket!!! :(:angry:

Carl

TCC will build you a new coach and I bet you won't have any problems.

Bill

Yea, so will Marathon, Liberty and Newell. My bank account is not that deep! Also, at almost 73 (next month) I have no clue on how much

longer I want to or can tool around in a 45' coach! :(

If I can't pay cash, I don't buy anything! I have no mortgage payments, so I would have to win the Lotto for a custom coach! Seems to me

it would be better and more cost affective to re-model what I have. :unsure:

Carl

...If I can't pay cash, I don't buy anything!...

Carl

That's what my Dad told me many years ago, "if you can't write a check for it, you don't need it."

Herman,

TCC is fixing things that I would have to go to Factory for...saves me time and money and my "Time" is now priceless! :wub:

Later on, after I pay for my implants (teeth), I will have some other things replaced (that I can't do myself), like all awnings with Zip Dee

and that includes 2 stage roof rail awnings! :)

The list goes on...and on... :rolleyes:

Carl

Herman, I know, I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed ! I need my door awning replaced, no motor, lost it in Mexico 3/14'!

Girard awning is very expensive, I'm hoping for an alternative...

Carl

They are putting Carefrees on the front door last I heard. However, we can't use ours. When the door is open and the awning is out, the awning hangs down just low enough that the door scrapes under it and locks it's self on the outside of the front (straight ahead of the coach) side of the awning and will not close. That is won't close until I push up on the awning with a stick which frees the door. Ancira had the coach for a day...and "fixed" it...until I tried to use it.

Guess you'll have a trip to AC Alvarado in your future. Ancira is not known for their service anymore! The Daughter runs it now and I won't say what's on my mind

Carl

Update. Got in at 10:15 this morning and my list off things to fix is done! The plastic wings on front window

are curing overnight and will be put back on tomorrow, the front windshield is also curing. Came to find out

that the original owner of coach had a new front windshield installed at some point and they did a lousy job

on removal (there are 4 bolts/nuts on each wing, 3 on each was broke off) and installation. My windshield

was barely attached and would have fallen off real soon! They removed it, scraped the mounting clean and

re mounted it with the correct adhesive.

I watched and they explained every step of the way...a very informative day!!! 7 hrs. including an hour for lunch!

One thing that got my full attention today, everyone in the shop was eager, fast, professional and happy! Nobody was negative in

any way and it showed in their work!

All that I had done here, would have taken a month or more at Lazydays in FL.

I recommend Texas Custom Coach to anybody that need major work done if your in this part of Texas! I'm a happy camper!

Carl