ultraglide

Question For Other Winnebago Users

I am having a problem with my full wall slide. It is leaving marks on the floor where the nylon rollers are. Has anyone had this problem ? If so how did you fix it.

Hi.

Under slideout in this forum...Sept. 15', there are 11 posts dealing with your issue.

Mine went away and came back last month...I might need a slide adjustment.

Carl

About a year ago (February 2015) I was getting marks on the floor below the sink peninsula (area that sticks out from the wall) on my 2015 Sunova 33c also I noticed the spacing under the sink trim was less than before. I took it back to the dealer and their solution was to shave off some of the wood from the lower piece of trim so it wouldn't drag on the floor. Then in August 2015 while on a month long summer trip, three weeks into it, my long slide failed me. The motors started skipping when put out and when I tried to bring it in it started going in crooked so I put it back out and waited for road service. Road Service came out and they disconnected the motors and when pushed in it went in crooked damaging the floor, wood trim and slide it self. I took it to the dealer on August 12th and got it back fully repaired 16 weeks later in mid December. Winnebago took care of the entire cost under the warranty (even though the 1 year was up in May 2015). This is part of the longstanding issues on 2013-15 models with Lippert slides. Apparently the main issue is the slide mechanism doesn't like anything other than the specified tight tolerances and anything which will slightly move the slide (un-level conditions, extreme road bumps, etc.) will cause the gears to not properly mesh. Some people who had slide issues had failures again after being repaired. There is a thread on the IRV2.com forum about the failures and repairs. Some people were given those expanding bars to lock the slides while traveling to lessen the movement. I can't help thinking that if the initial repairs were handled in a different manner the slide would not have failed later in August. I believe that the marks are indicative of the slide out of adjustment I would take it to get looked at before you end up with other issues.