FMCANationalOffice

Important Towing Information: 2014-2016 Jeep Cherokee

Then leave the cover open.  Or put on a bigger cover.  The cover of a on/off switch should not interfere with the operation !

I appreciate the thought, but in fact as I look around 99% of the toggle switch covers I see for sale do exactly what this one does. Leaving the cover open isn't an option IMHO because it's spring loaded and one bump could change the switch position. I'm going to install a shield, which is nothing more than a piece of aluminum flanking the switch on both sides protecting it from inadvertent movement.

My real interest though is understanding why Jeep includes this in the kit when their instructions have you move the switch and leave it there while you tow ...

That is to stop you turning off the stability control when in drive mode 

In tow mode no one is in seat to operate switch  ????

Gordon.  

I'm sorry.  I wish I had a answer for you!  I'm on my fifth Jeep Wrangler as a toad and have not had a problem, the Forum & Face book, is the only place I have heard about the "Death Wobble"!  Have not seen it  (other than aforementioned video), or talked to anyone who has, or had it. 

IMHO, with so many vehicles to chose from, that you can tow 4 down, why go out and buy something that is questionable?  I have been hearing this "Death Wobble" for 5 years now.