manholt

East Coast Blizzard

Something that we should all remember and think about.

From beginning to current, the US Marine, who guards the tomb of the unknown soldier, does not take a break for a Storm!

They walk their post 24/7/365 in full dress uniform...no parkas allowed. White gloves!

God Bless

Carl

It's tough duty in the best of weather. The sacrifice of the honored dead of course is even greater. We are all thankful for their service, keeping America strong and free. Each generation takes a turn and our young people today are answering the call just as their parents and grandparents did.

Don't forget all the others who are out in the storm and cold rendering assistance to others. There are firemen, police, National Guard, tow truck and wrecker drivers, power company workers, ambulance crews, hospital workers, and so many more on duty helping us all deal with this storm and hundreds of other events we have, hurricanes tornadoes, floods, earthquakes and more. They are our friends and neighbors, our children and grandchildren, all helping out those who are in need. Contribute what you can to help, money, time, thanks, everything helps.

Thanks to them you all!

When each of you has a chance google The Tomb Guard. I don't know may people that could do what these wonderful service men do to be a Guard.

God Bless each of them.

Herman

When each of you has a chance google The Tomb Guard. I don't know may people that could do what these wonderful service men do to be a Guard.

God Bless each of them.

Herman

The picture I posted is The Tomb Guard.

Bill

...The first attachment shows a hero...

Bill

I think the young GI would not think of himself or consider himself a "hero"...a term much over used by many people and especially the media. He is a patriotic soldier carrying out his assigned duties.

I was stationed at Ft Belvoir Va for several months I watched the changing of the guard at the tomb several times it is one of the most impressive things I have seen in my 73 year life. Any one going near Washington DC should see it,

Was there this last summer. Watched two changing of the guard and the laying of 3 wreaths. You won't see any Cardasians or Jenner's doing this.

Bill

The days of patriotic men and women of the "Hollywood" set, is long gone! :(

Carl

So sad and so true Carl. Those days are gone and that is why we have the "Cardasians or Jenner's" all around us today. The world comes and goes in circles, we can only hope that era returns again someday!