mlivsey

Flat Towing Ford C Max Hybrid

Recently totaled my 2010 Honda Fit toad (jerk ran red light). I am looking at replacing with a 2013 Ford C Max hybrid. I haven't seen one towed on road yet. Anybody have any experieces? Backup plan is to get another Fit or a CR-V.

Hi Newbie, I have been towing a 2013 C-Max for two years. The only problem I have had has been the car battery discharges when towing. I tried a battery tender that was plugged in while towing. It didn't work. Ford recommended a product called "toad charge" which I purchased and installed myself. I have not had a problem since. I love the C-Max for a number of reasons, most importantly the ease of entry and exit for someone with back problems. Good luck in making your decision. Jim

For those who Tow the C-MAX: Where did you put the umbilical cord connector?  I use a 7-pin round connector and I don't see anywhere to put it on my 2016 Energi. The active shutters are in the way of the base plate mount and the only other place I can think of is under the car where it's probably going to get broken by debris or a parking-lot curb.