huffypuff

Selling & Getting Out Of Motorhoming

We have to sell because of my wife health as she can't handle RV life anymore. El Nino sure didn't help in Desert Hot Springs as it brought unseasonable wind and rain in the area.

Even though I have low miles and many upgrades I like to find a way to get out from under the loan. I will call today for balance vs value today. My wife don't like to make payments on a coach that not going to be used often. I also wonder if Bank of The West will allow take over the load.

Lucky for me there is no issues I know that needs to be fix and service is up to date but it will need a good cleaning and polish. That will be hard for the outside with the NW many days of rain. I thought about selling with the toad and all towing equipment to bring more value to the coach as the setup works perfect together.

I wonder if the FMCA membership is transferable to the new owners as I will be out of it or do I have to remove the goose eggs and let my membership expire?

Puff, sorry to hear that and I hope her medical issues get better overtime. If this was a few months ago I could have pointed a friend your way but he already made a purchase. If anyone else comes to mind I will send them your way.

Keep us posted if something changes or you sell the coach.

Good luck and thank you for all of the posts, conversations and advice they were always enjoyable.

Joe

Ray,

For all the other benefits of FMCA (like medical evac) you should strongly consider keeping your FMCA membership-- you are eligible to continue as a member even after selling your coach.

Since an F number goes with a name, it is not transferable. The new owner will need to join on their own.

Ray,

For all the other benefits of FMCA (like medical evac) you should strongly consider keeping your FMCA membership-- you are eligible to continue as a member even after selling your coach.

Since an F number goes with a name, it is not transferable. The new owner will need to join on their own.

Thanks Brett, I didn't know that and is good to know I won't be booted from FMCA. I have to remove the goose eggs.

Ray,

I'm sure that is a tough decision. We'll all get there one day, one way or another. I hope that you will feel welcome to continue your posts to the forum. I always appreciated your thoughts on problems. Best wishes to you and Hana.

Tom & Louise

Sorry to hear that.....hope all works out OK....seems you are not alone. I just came back from a trip from here in NM to Alabama to help a friend bring back a Tiffin Alegro 33aa. Owners wife had med problems, they sold everything but the toad. All my friend had to do was move in their clothes.

Ray, this activity phase of your life might end, but think of all the great memories and friends you have just because of the RV experience.

Unfortunately this change will come to all of us. Please keep posting as your expertise is valued by all of us.

It always hurts to lose a good friend, even one we haven't met in person but has a kindred spirit.

Ray, Hana. God Bless! I'm going to miss your advise and adventures! Shame, you just got the cat trained....I don't suppose you can keep the DP as a guest house and see how Hana does over the next 6 mos. or so? Good time to sell is early Spring.

Carl

Ray, Hana. God Bless! I'm going to miss your advise and adventures! Shame, you just got the cat trained....I don't suppose you can keep the DP as a guest house and see how Hana does over the next 6 mos. or so? Good time to sell is early Spring.

Carl

I think Carl has the right idea. Wait till spring to sell and see what the future brings.

I just found out the ExtraRide mechanical coverage is transferable. It is good until 11-30-2017. I'm going to sell turn key with toad and accessory for $95K. Good deal as both the coach and toad is in great shape with many upgrades. It is sad for me as I really love this coach. It should be ready by early spring if not sooner. I have to scrub it inside and out so it will look nearly new.

Ray,

Also sad that you are leaving the pastime. My wife of almost 46 years is my love and best friend period. Would do the same as you if she could no longer enjoy the copilots seat. A friend ran a detail shop for a Cadillac, Honda, BMW store for years. They had a lot of nice trades and they were all looking their best before being placed in used inventory. Appearance, appearance, appearance. Brings the most money. Stay in touch with us if you have the time.

There is one snag that I not dealt with before. The title to the coach is held by the loan company and sure they won't release until they receive the payoff. I wonder if how the new loan company would handle it if new owner got a loan? The title to the Jeep is clear and I never sold a vehicle that had a loan on it.

Ray,

Get the name of an officer at the bank where you have the loan. Have buyer's bank call your banker and work it out. Done every day.

Also, get exact pay-off for a couple of days after you expect closing so you will know where you stand vs loan balance (whether you have to put money with it or will get money back).

Thanks Brett, again a great answer from you. I will call The Bank of the West tomorrow and get a contact person. The payoff amount is easy as it will give the 10 day by touch phone. I expect to come out ahead on the loan but I will have to make the deal for new owner sweet.

Sorry to hear that you are having to sell. But I'd do the same in your situation. Trust things will get better and you may have an opportunity to go again! David

Ray.

At 95K, you already have a very sweet deal! I have passed the word, and contact info, to the 13 Shrine Temples in Texas! 10 have RV clubs!

Carl

Thank you all for the comments. I'm having a hard time to motivate and clear all the stuff out and go over the coach to see if anything needs repairing. I got a month before spring.

Ray.

At 95K, you already have a very sweet deal! I have passed the word, and contact info, to the 13 Shrine Temples in Texas! 10 have RV clubs!

Carl

Thank you Carl, I know it will be a sweet deal to the new owner. I love this coach and don't really want to let it go. I'm going to get back with the wife about dishes, pots and pans glasses so new owner only need to load clothes and food. Yes it will have a full tank of fuel.

Finally got all the stuff out of the motorhome inside and basement. I didn't realize how much stuff this motorhome could hold as It took a long process of going front to rear. Wife said no to leaving dishes or pots and pans but I will throw extra accessory to private buyers. I started looking it over and only found a few screws that needed replacing so I got that done. Tomorrow all cabinets will be vacuum out and washed. Lucky the coach has it own central vacuum system.

The chassis and generator had a complete service in November. Since then it also got a new air filter, alternator and radiator cap that I felt the chassis shop overlooked. While we were in Desert Hot Springs, CA I replaced all the lug nut caps as the metal ones was to hard to keep polish. My wife and I have OCD so we have to have everything perfect including the coach. One of my reason of doing so many upgrades.

Puff, I will pass your coach to anyone I run into looking. You and your wife sound like us, I walk through often looking at every detail trying to see what could go wrong next that I can address now so I'm not bothered while using the coach. I am also replacing my lug nut caps since they are tarnished and will not polish, lol.

Puff, I will pass you coach to anyone I run into looking. If you have a spec list or coach summary please post it. You and your wife sound like us, I walk through often looking at every detail trying to see what could go wrong next that I can address now so I'm not bothered while using the coach. I am also replacing my lug nut caps since they are tarnished and will not polish, lol.

If you haven't got them yet these are the one I got with removal tool. They look so much better than the metal and won't tarnish.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/60-Chrome-ABS-Plastic-Pointed-Lug-Nut-Covers-33mm-Flanged-W-Removal-Tool-/141663188777