rfsod48

Washer

Have you removed it yet? Or will you remove it at home? 05' not used is not worth a lot off money, maybe $100....they have changed a lot in the past 11 years!

Carl,

I have not removed it yet. I know it is not worth a bundle, it has never been used and we simply want the space. It has been easier for us to use campground laundry.

Roland

Why haven't you used it ? It works well for small loads but not for big ones of course --

I assume you have a Splendide model ??

We didn't want to fool with It and usually don't do laundry daily or every other day. Just easier to use laundry facility with multiple machines.

I would take it out and leave it and before you build a closet check the floor to make sure you had no leaks. before you took delivery of coach, it's a good chance the dealer ran it to make sure it worked. Been there, a real soggy mess!

Carl

We didn't want to fool with It and usually don't do laundry daily or every other day. Just easier to use laundry facility with multiple machines.

We love our Splendide, we are on our second model. There are some CGs where we would not even want to go in the laundry, much less put clothes in one or their machines.

FIVE.

Is yours a single or stackable? Mine is stack and the only thing I take to laundry is the comforter and blanket. I never use campground, just mine and town!

Carl

That is what I removed once. Can't was much per load. In my current unit, wash 13 pounds, dry 23! I run a load about once every 10 days.

Carl

Our past coach had a single, this one is stackable. Both worked fine, the stackable is a bit bigger and more convenient.

I removed our Splendid 2000 series, it needed a part that had been discontinued. If I had room I would have went stackable, anything less is just to small.

When needed we just use the laundry at the CG. We tend to pick higher end campgrounds and even the last minute stops have not been bad so along with the other amenities the laundry is usually nicer also.

This is what we do also, we try not to use any questionable or less desirable cg. I am going to remove our washer, we can use the space for other things.

I added more drawers in that spot rather than leave the empty space, I turned off the water supply at the manifold and unhooked the hot and cold tubes just in case someone opened the water valves in that bay and sent water that direction. The drain was easy to thread a pipe cap into it. You will be surprised how heavy that thing is when you pull it. :blink: If it weren’t for air ride I swear the coach would lean.

Carl, two teenage girls, one DW and one Chihuahua = large washing machine required. Well the dog isn't bad its the kids that create large piles of laundry. My wife and I wear one outfit a day, the kids......well anyone that raised teenage girls knows how that goes. :rolleyes: