Sign in to follow this  
Guest Wayne77590

Magne Shade

Guest Wayne77590

I received my Magne Shade the other day. I was in no hurry to get it since I was on the road. It came in just as we got back.

Today, my son and I installed it. Two people to install it sure makes it a little easier, but I'll bet that it could be done by one person with some scotch tape.

It's a real simple process. There are seven magnets for my Winnebago destination. Five across the top, and one in each bottom corner. These magnets are STRONG and that is no exaggeration. We did a dry run, with my son on the inside and me with the shade on the outside. As I got a built in magnet attached to the shade close to being in position, my son would place a magnet on the inside of the window. A little sliding of the magnets was all that was needed to get everything lined up perfectly. Once we were satisfied, he held a shade magnet in place and I detached the magnet from the inside and peeled the adhesive backing off and reattached the magnet. I never got a time on my watch, but I'd guess it was less than 30 minutes for the first time installation. Probably closer to 15 minutes.

The nice thint is that there is no permanent marring of the coach. A razor and some Goo-B-Gone will remove the magnets form the inside should you need to.

I have ordered the side shades today

Here is what the finished results looked like:

P1050294A.jpg

P1050295A.jpg

Guest Wayne77590

First, Magne-Shade has a "new" Designer Fabric for those who want the "upper crust" look. Just kidding about the upper crust, but the Designer Fabric looks nice. I spoke with Roger yesterday and he states they have different colors and they will be putting more information on their web site in the future.

Second, I did receive my side curtains. Installation was a "snap." (the snap is when the magnets come together.) The processes itself was very easy. I was on the outside, and my son was in the inside. He would hold a magnet in place where I pointed with the rod, and I would put that end of the screen in place. When the four corners were done, we switched sides and he held a corner in place while I took the protective cover off the magnet and stuck it to the window. With the move-ability of the magnet in the screen pocket, it does not have to be perfectly centered, I don't think, but the magnet will seek it's own center when you get it close to the other magnet. Anyhow, that's my story until a professional comes along.

Unfortunately the weather has not been cooperative so I have not taken any more pictures. I think we are stuck here in the stick house for the holidays so it will be January before I get pictures - wherever we may be. We did get out this past weekend for 3 days with the Texas Boomers, but I did not put the side screens up because of the weather. I did put the front window up in an extremely short time. I'll need to put a stop watch on it the next time. I'd say it was definitely under 30 seconds. My neighbor jokingly said, "What took you so long?" He better have been joking.

If you are contemplating purchasing sun screens for your MH, give the Magne Shade a close look. Simple to install, just strong little round magnets that can be removed if you decide to trade in the MH.

Just my perspective - for what it's worth.

p.s., those magnets are strong, strong, strong. I emphasize "really" strong. Be very careful to keep them away from each other until installed. They will snap together and you will have to pry them apart. They come with a padding between them that helps separating them.

Guest Wayne77590

Ah! Our Winnebago Destination 39W is a star!

It is getting 15 minutes of fame on the Magne Shade web site.

And if you are at the Tampa RV Supper Show, look for the Magne Shade booth.

Our Star.