garyreed

California Diesel Emissions Laws

I am not sure if this is the right place for this post so here it goes.

I have a friend who still owns a trucking company. In visiting with him he mentioned that there was a restriction on commercial vehicles entering California that limits their age to 2006 or newer.

Does this also also include motorhomes. I know the length law still applies as will as the speed limit for towing.

We may be wanting to go there this next year if it works out.

Gary

Motorhome = Non Commercial

That is why Motorcoach's drivers don't stop at commercial weigh scales, or are subject to motor carrier stops / enforcement.

This is why you see Truck Conversions, usually on Volvo and Freightliner chassis, clearly labeled on the door "Private use only" or "Non-Commercial Driver / Use"

Clarification from your State Bureau of Motor Vehicles, may assist you if you still have additional questions.

I thought that might the case but would rather not try to ask for forgiveness in this case.

Thanks for the responses.. Again when I quit learning I will be dead.

Gary

Gary, it was a good question and I agree; when I quit learning I will be dead.

The two times we traveled through CA with our old coach I had no Catalytic convertor (and it was supposed to have one). When you cross into CA there is an agricultural check point, they have a mirror on a stick that they looked under our coach with, I thought something would have been said, NOTHING, they asked a few questions and we were on our way.

Learning should never stop. But it is also good to teach. We all have a vast amount of knowledge that we don't need to keep. It need to be passed to those coming behind us.

Herman