heisenhut

Flat Towing 2005 Volkswagen Convertible Beetle 5 Speed Turbo

Two issues here:

The mechanical one.

The "lawyer speak" from the manufacturer. VW has not officially endorsed flat towing any of their vehicles.

Earlier today I saw a 1963 VW bus towing a 61' VW Beetle 4 down, that's a combo I have never seen before! Both painted white with blue/green Dolphins...nice!

Carl

Earlier today I saw a 1963 VW bus towing a 61' VW Beetle 4 down, that's a combo I have never seen before! Both painted white with blue/green Dolphins...nice!

Carl

Many will quit drinking after seeing that. LOL just kidding you and I bet that was a sight to see.

Yea. It was heading North on I-45, just shy of Hwy.6, I suspect it was someone from Save the Dolphins on Galveston Island! It was not moving fast with the North wind we had yesterday morning...24 gusting 30! I'm really surprised it was moving! :rolleyes::lol:

Carl

Back around 68 or 69, my brother-in-law was coming to visit from Oklahoma. He was driving a 60 something VW. He was following a Simi and said it was shaking really bad. So he pulled out to pass the truck. He said the VW felt like it dropped an anchor. So much power.

Herman