alwillumitis

Kwikee Level Best Slow Extension

Have a 2008 Itasca Sunstar equipped with Kwikee Level Best manual jack system.

Jacks have become extremely slow to extend, takes almost 2 minutes for each pair to extend til they touch the ground. Once they are on the ground they do not have the strength to level the coach. Once the jacks are down, if you hit the button for either set of jacks, the coach will lurch slightly, pump will slow down, but then the motor speeds up and jacks don't extend. Almost seems like a bypass somewhere.

Coach has an extended warranty so we brought coach to dealer. After 28 days in the shop (we're full timers, had to find somewhere to stay) we got it back and still have the same problem. Dealer did graciously offer to replace the pump and hosed for $5000. at our expense and MAYBE that would fix the problem.

Any body have a similar jack problem

AL,

Welcome to the Forum. Sorry for your problem.

You stated that you have an Extended Warranty policy. What did they say? At first I would say that it sounded as if you had low hydraulic fluid, but then I thought that would have been the first thing the shop would have checked. :o Then again maybe not. 28 days to come up with a diagnosis's seem like a loooong time. If your jacks are up I would go to another shop.

Herman

Leak in fluid line, or fitting comes to mind! Take it to another shop, would help if we knew where your at now!

Carl

Sorry about the delay, forgot I made this post.. Must be getting old.

Anyway, a year later and jacks still don't work.  Checked the fluid and it's full, no signs or leakage at any of the cylinders or connections. The excuse the dealer gave me was that the inside of the hoses were probably deteriorated and debris was blocking the valves... I really don't want to replace the entire system. We're in South Louisiana , (Mandeville) on the other side of the lake from New Orleans. Does anybody know of a good place to get them checked, other than Dixie RV??

Pump, hoses and labor don't come near $5K...that's silly.  Your system is now Lippert Industries !  Call their support center at 574-537-8900.

Carl

My coach is a 2008 Winne with the level best system. I have had problems since 2010 with my jack system. Three jacks, pump, solenoids all replaced under extended warrant. Still problematic.

Alwillumitis,

So many possibilities, some already mentioned.  Here is one more.  Get a heavy duty turkey baster. Stick it in the tank and stir a little then suck up some fluid.  Use a paper towel and strain the fluid through the paper towel.  If you see a lot of debris, most likely rust, your problem could be blocked solenoids/lines/etc.  The system will have to be flushed to include all hydraulic lines.

My dealer gave me a $6000 price tag to replace everything with Power Gear and Power Gear now being Lipert Components.

Let us know what you find wrong.

Wayne, I was on Power Gear Valid yesterday and today, I'm having a recurring problem with my system...09 chassis, 10 coach, 05 PGV.  Have air and Jacks, for my heavy 45 footer.  $5464 for a new system + labor!  Not doing it...but interesting.  I just caped of my Jacks part and using air for leveling...prefer it !

Carl

Wayne.  If I had a coach like yours, with all the "small" gremlins you have had, I would have shot it or myself or both a long time ago! :lol:

In my next coach, I will only have air...

Your Quote, say's it all...

Carl

Ha ha! I thought of shooting it but I have to much invested and would not get a good return on the carcass.

Besides, Earlene holds the gun so I have to be careful what I say about her baby. Glad she doesn't read this forum like she does "other" ones.

It sounds like either a bad connection (12 Vdc ) of the pump itself. 

Is design and build by Monarch Hydraulics. System and is identified as Dyan-Jack M-3538 or similar 

Friend and I discuss the various options, our our system including surplus. He, called and was told prices from $1600 to $2500, for repair / replacement. I then explained about a hydraulic supply house I have used in the past. After several calls, Ray located Hydraulic Controls, in Phx., Az. They made nation wide.

Link http://www.hydraulic-controls.com/index.php/admin_locations/search/store/id/5/

The cost to replace the motor and replace the pump bearing was less the $500. All he had to do was remove and bring it in.

Gator, thanks for the link !  I'll call them when I get there as I need to replace 3 Hydraulic hoses for my Jack system, got one caped off now with a baggy to catch any left over fluid in system.  Power Gear Valid, Jacks and Air leveling....cheap hoses!

Carl 

Sometimes you are grateful for things you considered doing and never did. I almost didn't buy our coach because it only had Air leveling. I priced out having it converted to Hydraulic, $8500.00 :o. Told DW no way, look for another coach. When the dealer pulled it onto a hill and manually leveled it (auto didn't work) I was impressed so we bought it. Looking back, glad I did.