manholt

Guages On Dash

Joe, the lights quit yesterday, I'm thinking it's a fuse. Or could be something else since the tech had the dash apart fixing Silverleaf...it works!

Carl

Head lights work? I have a fuse in the front panel for instruments. The panel has all the fuses listed with use and location.

But hey, come on to Perry, drive only in daylight and I will give you a flashlight. :D

Herman

Same happened to me after dealer service department was in dash working on speedometer issue.

Turns out they they they failed to reconnect one of the harness connections when they fixed speedometer. Ironically the reason they were in the speedo did not work was they had failed to reconnect it when they were in the dash on a previous visit to fix a single burnt out bulb.

Carl....this happened to us leaving Deming late last year......twist the dimmer knob back and forth several times. I think we had some corrosion that was preventing full contact. Hope that helps.

Carl,

A number of years ago when I was with a Boat dealer, the truck I used to pick up boats with had a the light switch to fail several times. It was due to the heavy load put on it when I would tow tandem trailers with lights on both. I did a bit of rewiring and solved the problem.

Let us know what you find. When I was a mechanic, at $140.00 per hour :) it would have taken me a long time to diagnose a problem to. Caching, caching.

Herman

Carl,

A number of years ago when I was with a Boat dealer, the truck I used to pick up boats with had a the light switch to fail several times. It was due to the heavy load put on it when I would tow tandem trailers with lights on both. I did a bit of rewiring and solved the problem.

Let us know what you find. When I was a mechanic, at $140.00 per hour :) it would have taken me a long time to diagnose a problem to. Caching, caching.

Herman

Yup, I was thinking the same. Better make sure he's not on a coffee break on your dime, lol

The problem was found after about 20 minutes. The connection point of the ground wire was good, but the wire was cut in half. Connected up a new wire and tied it to the rest of the wire bundle...I also had him mark it and draw me a crude elect. diagram! All my fuses are in an outside compartment where the elect. switch for generator slide out is...I had a plastic box made, with a door to keep fuses completely dry right after I bought this coach!

It was $145 per hr. for RV and $132 for trucks!

Carl

Bill.

Generally speaking, I would agree with you. I have seen too many owners wanting to get their nose in it...I stay away until called!

Carl

Joe.

So am I since my bill was already pushing $3,800....final came in at $3,439.53, that includes the 10% discount for Cummins Power Club! When your having a full service on engine and generator, with a radiator flush, replace thermostats , CAC cleaned and pressure tested and all belts replaced. The cost goes up! If you had seen my main belt, hanging on by a quarter of an inch, you would understand why I feel it was $$$ well spent!

I sleep so much better now! :wub: Only service I have left is Aqua Hot.

Carl

Carl, let me know what they charged you for the Aqua Hot once you have it completed. I am going to tackle mine this weekend, I probably would have paid someone but there are no authorized service centers local to me.

Carl,

While in Perry you can have your Aqua Hot serviced. Lloyd DeGerald did mine in Madison. I had spent close to $3,000.00 on mine in Carrolton, TX by Blue Moon and it still didn't work :angry: . Lloyd found a cracked photo cell, replaced it and it hasn't failed to work since :):D . Cost me $195.00 for the service and $192.00 for the photo cell. Well worth the money.

See you in 16 days.

Herman

Herman.

Thanks for the tip. If I remember correctly, your leaving for Perry today and I'm heading out Saturday.. stay safe!

Carl

Thanks, Joe.

Can't be the weather, so got to be "short DW" or work! :D:P Will miss you at wine, beer, crackers and cheese party's..... :rolleyes::o

Carl

Joe, I thought you was a beer guy!? Feel free to toast every weekend this month! :D Ah, yes. Work, the great equalizer! :lol::P

Carl