jleamont

Propane Hose

Anyone know what I would need to connect my portable Weber grill to the propane tank on the coach? Can I purchase such a hose?

Here's my dilemma; All Propane appliances have been removed from the coach. The tank is full and has been since we bought it almost two years ago (65 gallon). I have called all of the local propane dealers in the area, no one will empty it. So I either have to remove the tank full or empty it on my own. I was thinking if I connect a hose to the regulator and have one long enough I can run my gas grill with it to try and use it up so I can run it out and pull the tank.

Any suggestions?

Hi jleammont .

I bought a Marshall Extend a Stay Propane Adaptor Tee from E-Bay .Turn the Propane off at the Tank ,Install the Adaptor before the

Regulator ,then bolt the Regulator downstream from the Adaptor so that the Propane Appliances in the Coach are still working with

the appropiate pressure .Then You can just hook up Your Webber Grill Whenever You want , just make sure You always put the

access cap back on so no Dirt can get in .You may have to rig up up a braket to keep the regulator from vibrating .

Hope this helps .

Save Travels , Old Marine

On our Holiday Rambler, we have a gas **** in the curb side already. You may have one also and only need the hose. As stated above, verify that gas line serving the gas **** is at correct pressure.

I think I have it figured out. Thank you for the responses. I bought an 12' propane hose with the fitting that is on my grill that will connect in place of the disposable bottle. On the other end it has a "POA" fitting which connects to my valve on the tank. I was told to remove the regulator, (since the grill already has one built into it) and connect. Seems simple enough I will have to run the hose across the propane bay to the curb side of the coach for convenience. Once its empty...... pull the tank = more storage.

Joe, you could make a transfer hose and connect to a small empty 20 lb. bottle and equalize the pressure. If you have more then 1 empty bottle you can do the same over again till the tank in the coach is empty. Then your tank will be much lighter and may be safely removed.

Herman

Joe.

Both ways will work, I like Herman's best. I have a Webber along with the green canisters of gas. I did the same thing your doing and love the extra space, it's right behind my connection for air hose, so I use it to store the hose and a separate bin for my cable connectors and extra cable!

As Herman said, empty tank, happy Joe...we don't want you to learn to fly by gas! :P:rolleyes::lol:

Carl

Joe, you could make a transfer hose and connect to a small empty 20 lb. bottle and equalize the pressure. If you have more then 1 empty bottle you can do the same over again till the tank in the coach is empty. Then your tank will be much lighter and may be safely removed.

Herman

Herman, I had no idea I could do that, in fact the one for my smoker is empty, so off I go for that adapter and a quick stop at the butcher for a Brisket.

I worked part time at a hardware store a few years ago so filling propane was a nightly occurrence for me, I have that side down.

Thank you, my little Webber would take a few years to empty that giant tank.