Sign in to follow this  
ronandanne@power-net.net

Campgrounds on SE Coast

We are looking for campground recommendations near Myrtle Beach, S.C., and the Outer Banks (near Rodanthe), N.C. We will be there next April and hope to spend a week at each location. We prefer a little shade rather than totally open. We have a 40-foot diesel pusher, so good roads into the park and level sights are preferred. We don't need children's activities, but we do travel with an older, well-behaved dog that controls our lives. I have located several parks online but it is hard tell which would be best from their websites. We would happy to hear any recommendations you might have. Thanks.

Ron and Anne

Michigan

I haven't been down that way in the motorhome yet, but I will welcome you to the FMCA forum. Happy trails.

Are you eligible for military benefits or retirement? If you are check out this: http://www.pathsacrossamerica.com/ and then this: http://www.militarycampgrounds.us/state-listing

Again, welcome. Come back often and enjoy yourself. :rolleyes:

Ron And Anne:

I lived in Michigan about 40 years ago in Rochester. It is too cold up there for me anymore.

We stayed at Pirateland in just South of Myrtle Beach and it is nice. They have sites on the beach and also away from the beach in nice shady areas. We have also visited the KOA in Myrtle Beach. It is about a block from downtown and is a very shady, nice, well-kept park. They are not on the water but only about a two-blocks walk from the beach. Myrtle Beach is probably South Carolina's biggest family camping area. They have a good many campgrounds that are very large -- over 1,000 campsites.

We currently live in North Augusta, South Carolina, just across the river from Augusta Ga.

We have stayed at Ocean Lakes in S Myrtle Beach for several years. We have always enjoyed the park. In April 0f 2010 we have reservations at Pirate Land just for a change of scenery. We do take the Grand Daughter with us. We have visited the KOA in Myrtle Beach, but prefer Ocean lakes. We travel in a 40' Phaeton.

Ron And Anne:

I lived in Michigan about 40 years ago in Rochester. It is too cold up there for me anymore.

We stayed at Pirateland in just South of Myrtle Beach and it is nice. They have sites on the beach and also away from the beach in nice shady areas. We have also visited the KOA in Myrtle Beach. It is about a block from downtown and is a very shady, nice, well-kept park. They are not on the water but only about a two-blocks walk from the beach. Myrtle Beach is probably South Carolina's biggest family camping area. They have a good many campgrounds that are very large -- over 1,000 campsites.

We currently live in North Augusta, South Carolina, just across the river from Augusta Ga.

Hello.

Thanks for the recommendation. I will put a check mark next to Pirateland on my list. We live in Mt. Pleasant, MI but I did spend several weeks in Augusta, GA at Fort Gordon in the early 70's. Thanks for the info.

Ron

We have stayed at Ocean Lakes in S Myrtle Beach for several years. We have always enjoyed the park. In April 0f 2010 we have reservations at Pirate Land just for a change of scenery. We do take the Grand Daughter with us. We have visited the KOA in Myrtle Beach, but prefer Ocean lakes. We travel in a 40' Phaeton.

Hello.

Thanks for the recommendation. Ocean Lakes was on my list. From the web site it looked very nice. I will put a check mark next to that one. We hope to be there in April 2010 for a week or so. We have a 40' Damon Tuscany.

Ron

We are looking for campground recommendations near Myrtle Beach, S.C., and the Outer Banks (near Rodanthe), N.C. We will be there next April and hope to spend a week at each location. We prefer a little shade rather than totally open. We have a 40-foot diesel pusher, so good roads into the park and level sights are preferred. We don't need children's activities, but we do travel with an older, well-behaved dog that controls our lives. I have located several parks online but it is hard tell which would be best from their websites. We would happy to hear any recommendations you might have. Thanks.

Ron and Anne

Michigan

I highly recommend Willow Tree Resort http://www.willowtreervr.com/. We have stayed several times and love it. Extremely large paved level sites. Well maintained, friendly, plenty of walking / biking paths even around the lake. Great rec and exercise room. No complaints at all.. love it. Also close to sites and activity of Myrtle Beach. Worth a stay of at least a week or more!

Ruby

Sneads Ferry, NC

I highly recommend Willow Tree Resort http://www.willowtreervr.com/. We have stayed several times and love it. Extremely large paved level sites. Well maintained, friendly, plenty of walking / biking paths even around the lake. Great rec and exercise room. No complaints at all.. love it. Also close to sites and activity of Myrtle Beach. Worth a stay of at least a week or more!

Ruby

Sneads Ferry, NC

Ruby,

Thanks for the recommendation. By their website it looks like more of a country setting instead of the normal tourist trap. We will keep this in mind for our early spring trip. Thanks again.

Ron

we stayed at Camp Hatteras in Rodanthe and enjoyed ourselves. Also heard that Ocean Lakes in Myrtle beach is good.

David & Sheila'98 U270 Foretravel

Hello,

I looking at all the literature I thought Camp Hatteras looked nice too. I will make note of your recommendation for this spring. Thanks for the input.

Ron

Camp Hatteras is fine but expensive. Stayed this Octber. Indoor pool and hottub are hard to resist. We stayed on the sound side. Best for the sunset over the sound. Ocean side has no view of the ocean and is windy at all times. NP campgrounds don't open until May.

Ocean Lakes campground is going down hill. We used to stay there. Last visit wasn't worth the money. Power shakey, WiFi poor to fair. Use one of the campgrounds on either the north or south side. Why not the state park , Huntington Beach ?

Stay in MB in April then move north to the Outer Banks. What about the Eastern Shore, AKA the Delmarva? If you haven't used the Bridge Tunnel across the mouth of Hampton Roads then you have missed a treat. Depending on your rig, max price $35

Try Campgroundreviews.com.

Enjoy

Bill

Ron and Anne

Michigan

Hello,I have some experence with North Myrtle Beach Travel Resort on the ocean off Kings Highway. Large campground with plenty of aminities for adults and kids, pools,lazy river etc. Close to Myrtle Beach and golf as well as all of the resturants, and very near Barefoot Landing. At the outer Banks you might try Hatteras Campground in Rodanthe. Nice level campground with ocean front or sound side camping. You can't go wrong with either.

Have a nice trip.

Lawrence and Debra Forrester