Well when it rains it pours. Coach is almost ready to show off and the monitor will have a dark screen at times. All other times it works great. It is a Weldex three camera monitor with Aladdin system feeding the six pin connector in the rear of the monitor. It has two other connectors for the turn signals cameras that are not hooked to the monitor. The Aladdin system shows engine/trans, electrical data as well as turn signals and motorized rear camera with sound.

I remove the monitor and the Aladdin module and checked if they are getting enough voltage. Voltage checked out fine and all connection look clean. After I put everything back together the monitor stayed dark for about 30 minutes then came on and worked perfect. This morning everything came on fine but I can get it to act up if I turn it off then back on. Took about 5 tries before the screen would stay dark.

The big question remains is is it the Weldex monitor or the Aladdin system. I did noticed when the monitor was working that if I manually switch away to a camera not plugged in the screen would be dark. So it appears that if no data will give dark screen.

Has anyone experienced problem like this with the Weldex/Aladdin system? Would it be worth it to open up the monitor and look inside. If so what would I be looking for?

Sorry I was hoping somebody had same problem and knew the answer.

What I end up doing since I was in to it and it was working again I disconnected the right turn camera from Aladdin and hooked directly to the Weldex monitor. I verified that the monitor showed the turn camera while switched on manual select and it did. I turn the monitor on and off about 5 times until it failed again. The turn camera that was hooked up directly was also dark screen. That told me that the problem was with the monitor and not the Aladdin system.

I removed the monitor and removed the back case to expose the inside of the monitor. I couldn't see or smell where the smoke was let out (damage indication) so I wiggle all the connectors I can find. I paid special attention to the connector on the back of the picture tube. It was sealed and glued in place but I made sure I wiggle it real good without breaking it.

I put the monitor back in the coach and tried turning it off and on 20 plus times and it worked flawlessly every time. Seems like it was a bad connection somehow inside the monitor. I hope it stays that way a little while longer. :unsure:

Yes I had already looked up that monitor $450 plus to replace with a LCD and adapter bracket. It would fit in that same dash cutout as the old one. When I put it back in the dash and it continue to work, I tried not to blink.