MLnDavo

Super Cs Not Allowed At Some Upscale Campgrounds?

We were shopping again today, and getting more and more interested in the Dynomax...but were warned today that some RV parks/campgrounds don't allow super Cs. Any truth to this? Has anyone experienced this?

You should go back to the person who told you this and ask them which places they are talking about. If they give you a name, call and ask about it. If they say that a super C is not allowed than ask why. :rolleyes:

Recently I bought a fire pit. I asked the girl in the dept. if our city had any restrictions on fire pits. She said no. I asked her if she had actually knew because she had checked. She said no, just never heard of such a thing. Along came a guy who also worked there and said the city wants fire pits 24 feet from your dwelling.

I'm trying to suggest that it may be useful to ask follow up questions as a sort of habit. :rolleyes:

OR, I would see if there is a Dynamax forum where lots of people own Super C's and ask the question there.

I'm pretty good at that actually...he referenced a "Class A only" park in Indigo, CA. Didn't give a name though. He also gave some kind of ominous warning of others...sounds like nonsense, but we are new to RVing. I wasn't in the mood to argue with a salesman or hang around for a buy now buy this one speech. Thought it might be better to check with other sources...so posted here....fair enough though and will move on to another forum...thanks for the "assistance". Hopefully others are more accommodating to those new to RVing.

There are several resorts in the Indio, CA area that specifically state "Class A Motor Coaches only". But they describe themselves as upscale five star resorts. I truly believe they are the exception and not the rule.

There are several resorts in the Indio, CA area that specifically state "Class A Motor Coaches only". But they describe themselves as upscale five star resorts. I truly believe they are the exception and not the rule.

They also won't accept a coach that is 10+ years old. Only for the elite.

Love the age rules, 10, 15, or what ever. I sold my last RV, and the buyer called to ask me what she should do. The place she wanted to go, said her's was too old. I looked at their website. There featured were some very nice RV's, and also a Katrina 3 window FEMA trailer the no strips model.

I suggested she send them a couple of photos, that I forwarded to her, and see what would be said. Turned out ok for her. But you have to wonder about a park with FEMA trailers without holding tanks, and are sold for $2,995 along the roads of the southern states.

I trucked south on I-59 in Southern MS with relief donations not long after Katrina. West of the interstate in places the fields were awash in travel trailers. I could imagine the mildew if they were not soon occupied. All courtesy of tax dollars and hardworking truckers getting them there, I had no idea that they were missing holding tanks, but then mobile homes don't have them either. If my bubbly personality can't get my 2003 DP into an RV park, the dickens with them.

We looked at one place to stay in FL, that had these restrictions. When I called and gave them the coach info they asked for a photo of the coach, I sent it, No problem. Beautiful place, cheap in the summer.... :)

I have seen some really sharp Super C's, test the water...call and send them a photo of what you want to purchase and see if it will be accepted. While our experience is not even close to most of you I think we can all agree why they are have those rules, while they might be strict I have parked at a few placed that were....hmmmm.....not so nice to be at to put it nicely.

Indio, Ca. They have always been a hassle to deal with...too much Hollywood, I would expect! Only place I ever had a problem in any of my coaches, so leave Indio alone!

To my knowledge Nation wide, Supper C is no problem! The only once that run into it every once in a while (mostly FL.) is the custom built Renegade and trailer...there is no "box" for them to fit in. They are not an A, B, or C.....but you can walk from cab to living area of coach, therefor your OK in FMCA!

Carl

We've run into a "how old is it question" before, but never a Class A vs B vs C question.

FIVE. In FL. during the 80's and 90's I ran into it a lot. I call that the "Snob" era! Now, very seldom about A, B, or C...length and DP or gas? Yes, often! Still mostly in FL.

Carl

There are several rv parks throughout the states that will have Class A only allowed as well as Buckhorn RV park in Kerrville has a special casita/Class A area only that if you were to purchase a lot/casita in the area they will only allow Class A.

However, we have not had a problem from east to west coast finding spots for our Super C and as its 35' we have fit in all the spots past that its iffy as lots of parks are not made to handle the longer /bigger rigs.

At Gulfwaters RV resort in Port A they have the 10 year rule but also note with discretion to see your rig and make allowances.